Staffiezone
Worst Vet Visit! R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Worst Vet Visit! R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Worst Vet Visit!

Go down 
+9
Staffylover
Angel
Eddi and Daisy
CodyBoo
Toni
babypink
lindauk
janandruby44
Yarder
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 510

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 12:30 pm

The vet was just rubbish lol went in for his jabs and she asks if he is friendly she says put him on the table so i do but then oreo starts to feel uncomfy. She wants to hear his heart and so tells me to kind of put him in a headlock sort of thing and this unsettles him so he starts trying to get away and wrestle out and whats not. To make things worse it was clear this vet wasnt comfortable she was quite afraid actually before he even started messing about. She wants me to grip him in a headlock but he is just too strong so she says try him on the floor. Then she gets him a muzzle which he didnt need and she was like make sure it is Tight! which it was as i could only just fit 2 fingers under and she was like no tighter i said its fine. shes about to inject him and he starts trying to paw the muzzle off and she sayd 'dont let him get that muzzle off' - he hasnt shown ANY Sign of aggression he is just trying to get away from it all. And then she finally injects him and i take off the muzzle but before i do shes like oh get the lead back on first. She didnt stroke him after just said you silly boy. She was just bad and i was annoyed that she made him wear a muzzle as he wasnt showing any signs of aggression .
Rant Over ta . . . x
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female
Number of posts : 11929

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 12:35 pm

That's not right, my vets have never done that to either Ruby or Elsdon. One vet seemed a bit nervous of Elsdon but I couldn't understand why as he was doing his usual wagging his bottom off at him! All they need to do is get to one side of them (and it can be done on the floor) and get that needle into the thick skin on their neck. I'd find a new vet!
Back to top Go down
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 12:40 pm

I Have 3 Vets

1. Much too expensive
2. The Best One But Didnt Have Any Slots Free When I Was
3. This One - the cheapest one but the people arent always that nice but sometimes ok - Vets vary . x
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
lindauk

Female
Number of posts : 9712

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 12:43 pm

find a new vet
one was uncomfortable with dell and we made sure he never saw her again
these people are so unsuited to the job
bit like being a veggy working in a butchers really.
Back to top Go down
babypink
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
babypink

Female
Number of posts : 1830

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 12:50 pm

Those sort are in it for the money
Back to top Go down
Toni
Team Member
Team Member
Toni

Female
Number of posts : 5585

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 1:15 pm

Id of told her to stick her injection up her arse and made a complaint! If you had said something I bet theyd of squeezed you in with another vet, just to keep you quiet. Censored
Back to top Go down
CodyBoo
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4517

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 1:28 pm

What a crappy vet! If I had to put Cody in a headlock he would have gone mental! He hates me trying to hold him by the head/neck.

I hope Oreo wasn't to stressed by it all. Hopefully it wont make him nervous about seeing the vet. Poor boy.

group hug
Back to top Go down
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 1:48 pm

Thanks Everyone =] . . . It would have been ok had he not struggled so much it was put my arm under his head and hols it to me but he didnt like it she was just scared standing well away from him but he werent Showing any signs of aggression. at one point he teeth got my arm but it wasnt a bite at all his mouth was ope where he was struggling and got me but no pressure applied and Zero Aggression ! x
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Eddi and Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 4187

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 2:16 pm

I would never go back there again, if needed wait until you can get a appointment at your regular vet, thank goodness my vets love my two.
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Angel

Female
Number of posts : 7814

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 2:26 pm

i wouldnt go back how did she make it thru vet school like that pfft
i,m so glad i,m qualified to vaccinte so i can get them myself if i cant actually get to my vet some are good here but to expensive and others like that one terrified of certian breeds really annoys me shouldnt be a vet if you cant be ok with every animal
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 7:44 pm

I would not use that vet again, they are supposed to care for our animals!
Back to top Go down
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyThu 28 Oct 2010, 2:38 pm

I agree . . . Last Resort That One . x
Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member
jakies13

Female
Number of posts : 7512

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyThu 28 Oct 2010, 2:50 pm

Poor Oreo!
I would make a complaint if i was you. That type of experience can make him be fearful for other visits
spinner smile
Back to top Go down
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyThu 28 Oct 2010, 4:23 pm

I think he is already fearful because last time he went i believe was for an operation lol so had a needle in his back thigh! . x
Back to top Go down
Maistaff
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Maistaff

Female
Number of posts : 1075

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyThu 28 Oct 2010, 4:41 pm

i would complain on a major scale if that happened to any of my dogs and a muzzle would have been tightly wrapped around her trap if she dared to put one near any of my dogs

Fair play to you for keeping your mouth shut i couldn't have

On another subject My Dylan is not a lover of the table, he doens't do anything but you know he doesn't like it so i ask my vet to come down to him on his level and he does. Dylan is much happier with this and less tense makingthe experience less stressfull for him. Perhaps you could ask the next vet you go to do that to
Back to top Go down
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyThu 28 Oct 2010, 6:46 pm

Loool I just wanted him to hurry and get his jab so we could leave ! But i think from now on i will ask if he can stay on the floor as he seems to prefer that and didnt struggle so much :) . . . x
Back to top Go down
Bubbles-mum
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Bubbles-mum

Female
Number of posts : 1916

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyMon 01 Nov 2010, 7:09 pm

I don't get how this vet was like this to your dog. She sounds like she is still training. My vet is the best out there, well I think so. He's a tall man and he never wants my dog on the table only on the floor. My dog licks him to death and never keeps still but he always copes with him. He gives him a biscuit after the treatment. What is this vets called. They sound very bad. I'm not being funny here but if another vet saw bubbles and they did this A) I wouldn't pay and B) I would complain to there boss.
Back to top Go down
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 02 Nov 2010, 6:23 pm

I had pre-payed ! Im not sure of the vets name actually because it was a slot for vaccines i didnt recognise her!x
Back to top Go down
Denise67
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 319

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 02 Nov 2010, 7:22 pm

Sorry i would of walked out, and told the vet where to stick the injection.
Theres plenty of other vets out there that give their pet customers the respect they deserve.
Back to top Go down
Bubbles-mum
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Bubbles-mum

Female
Number of posts : 1916

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 02 Nov 2010, 8:17 pm

Yarder wrote:
I had pre-payed ! Im not sure of the vets name actually because it was a slot for vaccines i didnt recognise her!x
Sorry I meant What was the vets called you went to. Not the vet you saw, I didn't mean what was her name.
Back to top Go down
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! EmptyTue 02 Nov 2010, 8:37 pm

Oh it was Celia hammond. x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worst Vet Visit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Vet Visit!   Worst Vet Visit! Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst Vet Visit!
Page 1 of 1