Staffiezone
OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

OMG - Is this my worst fear ???

Go down 
+13
Eddi and Daisy
Alliecass
janandruby44
getcarter
Denise67
Staffylover
Toni
lindauk
jakies13
Jo n Buffs
CodyBoo
Sandi
Wendy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female
Number of posts : 2001

OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? Empty
PostSubject: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 9:51 pm

I'm going into a blind panic,

Poppy was in season approximately 9 weeks ago, a few seconds ago I noticed a clear white goo coming from her vulva, omg I'm panicking, could it be my worst fear guys ???
I've tried calling the vet but their obviously closed, emergency vet number is a swindon number which I can't get to swindon tonight anyways as got no transport, omg what do I do ???
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 10:04 pm

Okay Wendy are there any other symptoms, not eating, drinking loads, weeing more, sick, licking her bits?
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 10:07 pm

Well just rung emergency vet number, spoke to veterinary nurse - this could be my worst fear - Pyrometra, the emergency vets have advised me to take Poppy over to my vets in morning to get her checked which is what I will do. Fingers crossed my baby will be ok :( x
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 10:16 pm

She usually licks herself anyway Sandi. Ollie and Poppy have'nt been fed today as they've both had upset stomachs, I gave them a treat yesterday which I assumed must have caused the bad tummy's. It was only because Poppy was lying on my bed and saw some gunk hanging from her back end that made me investigate. I got her to stand down on the floor and felt her over but she looked kinda sheepish so that makes me even more afraid. I've been asking the vet to spay her but she wouldnt do it cos Poppy's been overweight, not sure if shes lost anymore weight recently but hope so, if this is Pyro we not got any choice.
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 10:31 pm

If you have rung the vet and they have told you it can wait until the morning then that is fine, assuming they asked for the symptoms.

Make sure there is plenty of drinking water available tonight.
Back to top Go down
CodyBoo
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4517

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 10:36 pm

Oh Wendy, I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it's not pyro.

Big hugs and good luck at the vets tomorrow group hug
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 10:37 pm

Thanks Sandi,
I will do,
I'll get a bowl of water and put it in my bedroom just in case she needs it overnight.
Vet normally opens at 11am tomorrow but I'm gonna try give them a call first thing and see if I can get her in straight away as an emergency and get her checked out.
I will let you know how she gets on x
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 11:05 pm

everything crossed hun thats its something simple and not what you are thinking xxxx
Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member
jakies13

Female
Number of posts : 7512

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 11:11 pm

Fingers crossed for her hun xx Im sure she will be fine
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 11:25 pm

Me too guys, praying its not Pyro but the fact that she does'nt like me touching her is not a good sign :(
Times before when I've asked the vet if she would spay Pop's, the vets words " she'd hate to lose her on the table un-necessarily due to her being overweight " really fill me with dread right now, the morning really cannot come soon enough, in fact I'm not sure that I'll be able to sleep tonight, and if it is my worst fear then I will be counting the seconds til I know my baby is ok.
I will let you guys know once I know whats happening
Thank you for your support x

Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
lindauk

Female
Number of posts : 9712

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 11:36 pm

we're thinking about you and poppy
and hoping all will be well
try to get some sleep x
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 11:39 pm

agree with linda try get some sleep hun xxx
we are all sending healing positive thoughts xxx
Back to top Go down
Toni
Team Member
Team Member
Toni

Female
Number of posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 7:13 am

fingers crossed its not Pyro! Let us know how u get on today group hug
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 7:43 am

Thanks guys, fingers crossed its not Pyro either but from the symptons and the discharge it looks like it could very well be Pyro :cries: . Poppy is still pretty much active but she is looking glum and depressed, hopefully if it is Pyro we have caught it in the early stages. My vet's only open on a saturday between 11am and 12am but I'm going to try contact them about 8.30am - 9am, hopefully one of the vets or the veterinary nurse will be there by then and hopefully I can pop her over early.
As you can imagine I will be watching the clock today but I will certainly keep you guys updated. x
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
lindauk

Female
Number of posts : 9712

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 7:51 am

we'll all be thinking of you and poppy to-day hun
good luck x
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 8:24 am

Fingers crossed for you and Poppy hun, please let us know as soon as you hear something xx
Back to top Go down
Denise67
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 8:30 am

The start of pyo is not a clear discharge, but a mucky bloody looking pus that stinks OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? 996404
If you have a thermometer take her temperature, a rised temp is the 1st sign theres an infection brewing up.

Good luck at the vets spinner smile
Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
getcarter

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 8:37 am

Healing thoughts coming your way!
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 9:12 am

Good luck at the vets this morning. Hopefully it's not as bad as you think.
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 9:15 am

Just to let you guys know, just rung vet's, taking Poppy over at 11.50am, will let you know how she gets on x
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6766

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 9:36 am

Hope all goes well fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 10:19 am

fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
CodyBoo
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4517

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 11:32 am

Good luck at the vets fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Eddi and Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 11:49 am

Fingers crossed hun that it is nothing serious, if you need me you know you can call me anytime hun.
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 12:26 pm

Hi guys

Just got back from the vet, to be honest their not sure what's going on, Poppy's temperature is slightly higher than normal but not anything serious to worry about, vet checked Poppy over and felt her tummy etc, vet also gave Poppy an internal examination, no masses have been found that they would expect to find with a Pyro. However, as the vet as said, a Pyro could be brewing and being sooo close to her last season it is obviously suspected, so Poppy has been given anti-biotics for over the weekend, Clavucilli 250mg. I have to starve her starting Sunday evening and Monday morning at 9.20am Poppy is having a scan of her abdomen which will show whether it is a Pyro, if it is a Pyro then will be operating immediately on Monday but as they have said the operation with a Pyro is high risk so fingers crossed x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG - Is this my worst fear ???   OMG - Is this my worst fear ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

OMG - Is this my worst fear ???
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next