Staffiezone
Alfie R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Alfie R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Alfie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female
Number of posts : 11929

Alfie Empty
PostSubject: Alfie   Alfie EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013, 8:09 pm

He's reluctant to go on walkies with me at the moment. I took him and Ruby out together the other week and he just stopped dead in the middle of the High Street and refused to move. I had to drag the rest of the way, poor love.

Since then he's all excited when I go to the house to walk him but I have to drag him out to get him to go out for a walk. Any ideas anyone? He can be a stubborn old boy but once I've got him a few yards down the street he will walk ok? Am I being too soft with him? Should I try a change of lead, wear a different coat?

Also the Elsdon thing about running off to eat the cat poo or whatever it is, how can I stop him? I'm thinking emergency stop? Shouting down at the top of my voice?

Alfie 201983
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6766

Alfie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfie   Alfie EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013, 8:15 pm

perhaps try a treat in your hand something tasty like cheese and then when you go to pick him up give him a small piece and keep some in your hand and call him and when hs starts to walk give him another small treat..

I dont know about the cat poo eating? suzie uses a small amount of butchers wet food, to stop poo eating xx
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female

Alfie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfie   Alfie EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013, 11:03 pm

Thanks Allie, I will try cheese, he won't take other treats.
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

Alfie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfie   Alfie EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013, 8:48 am

Ohhhh I would def try cheese or hot dogs - both highly smelly and great rewards - just dont use these indoor as treats as they wont associate them as high value treats if that makes sense xx

Use the reward to lure him forward - so please it in hand and move it forward and once he walks reward and praise immediately xx

I would be careful where treats are concerned however as it may (not saying it will - but just watch Elsdon or Ruby don't become jealous when feeding him treats)

I do use Buthers Gluten Free Tinned Tripe and back to one tablespoon of Whiskas Salmon and Rocco seems to have stopped eating his poop for now x

Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female

Alfie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfie   Alfie EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013, 9:30 pm

Ah hot dogs I had forgotten about them, they make excellent treats, thanks Suzie I will try him with them and use as suggested spinner smile
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female

Alfie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfie   Alfie EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013, 9:33 pm

Oh and I walk him one to one so no jealousy from my two spinner smile

My next walkies with him is Friday (Sophie now helps me with him) so I'll try them then. Thank you, I knew someone would have a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

Alfie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfie   Alfie EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013, 10:04 pm

Good luck Jan
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female

Alfie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfie   Alfie EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 10:07 pm

Thanks Jo I will have to remember to buy some before I go pick him up spinner smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alfie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfie   Alfie Empty

Back to top Go down

Alfie
Page 1 of 1