Staffiezone
Back to the vets again  R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Back to the vets again  R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Back to the vets again

Go down 
+4
Sandi
Maistaff
jakies13
CodyBoo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CodyBoo
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4517

Back to the vets again  Empty
PostSubject: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:35 am

Billy has seen the vets twice now and has been given different antibiotics each time to clear up his sneezing and coughing problem.

Well he finished his last lot of meds 4 days ago and is now sneezing and coughing worse than before scratch The vet told me on the last visit that it is very hard to treat (I still forgot to ask what is actually wrong with him!) I know it's not infectious as he has had contact with the other bunnies and they are fne. I also know it can't be too serious as he has had this now for over 2 months and is still eating and drinking fine and seems happy in himself.

We are back at the vets on monday to see what they say banghead
Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member
jakies13

Female
Number of posts : 7512

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:46 am

Awww poor Billy.
I dont know much about health problems in rabbits but maybe Angel will have an idea.
Hope he gets better soon x
Back to top Go down
Maistaff
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Maistaff

Female
Number of posts : 1075

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 12:37 pm

Aw sorry to hear Billy isn't very well. Whatever it is that is wrong with him the drugs havn't worked properly if it keeps coming back

I hope the vet can be of better help on Monday

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 12:57 pm

Aww thats a shame, two lots would have hopefully cleared any infections, maybe the vet will look at something else this time - good luck xx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 1:29 pm

Poor Billy, hope they can get to the bottom of it
Back to top Go down
CodyBoo
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 2:07 pm

As you may know I took him off a girl who didn't want him anymore, she got him from the same dodgy pet shop I got my Daisy from!! Yet again, another sick animal from there. Grrrrrr, I hate that bloody shop.

Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member
jakies13

Female

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 2:16 pm

Could you not reprt them if conditions are still bad?
Its not fair on you or others if they ae constantly churning out sick animals :(
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 2:31 pm

alex you took the typing from my fingers i was just about say that lol

i would report them but before i did i would try and get photos of any evidence that can be used against the shop
Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member
jakies13

Female

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 2:36 pm

Jo n Buffs wrote:
alex you took the typing from my fingers i was just about say that lol

i would report them but before i did i would try and get photos of any evidence that can be used against the shop
ye evidence would be good, go Private.Investigator Codyboo lol!
Back to top Go down
CodyBoo
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 2:38 pm

They are reported all year by the public. There is a group who protest outside the shop every year but the RSPCA wont/can't shut them down???

I don't get it.

here is a bit about it from last year. They have a shop in Kingston and Sutton, Sutton being where Billy and Daisy are from.

http://www.surreycomet.co.uk/news/4158055.Facebook_group_starts_after_BBC_s_Kingston_Petsville_programme/
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 2:41 pm

i remember watching that rogue traders as they went to a puppy farm in wales afterwards if i remember correctley

i cant believe they are still being allowed sell from there bar the fact i thought it was illegal t sell dogs and cats from pet shops now hence why we never see any in ours
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 6:04 pm

Dont think it is illegal Jo, some pet shops near me sell kittens. The only one that sold puppies was closed down!
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Angel

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 6:16 pm

that sounds like pasturella hun which is highly contagious although the others havent caught it not totally sure about that but the sneezing etc is normally down to that but i wouldnt use him for breeding tbh in case he can pass it that way
Back to top Go down
CodyBoo
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 6:36 pm

Yeah that's exactly what I thought about the breeding which is why I am getting another male.

I also thought pasturella but the others are fine which doesn't make sense at all. I will ask the vet on monday what he thinks it actually is.
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Angel

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 6:48 pm

some can be imune to it not many but they can be if it is that and given your other 2 came via pah you will be very lucky indeed but then they are breed in not so good conditions so may well be imune because of it it has be known
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:51 pm

Poor Billy - hope he gonna be ok hun xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to the vets again    Back to the vets again  Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to the vets again
Page 1 of 1