Staffiezone
Vets this morning R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Vets this morning R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Vets this morning

Go down 
+2
Staffylover
stepys1
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female
Number of posts : 2369

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptySat 18 Mar 2017, 5:05 pm

Quattro has been ill all week and can't keep any food down. Dreaded trip to the vets. She couldnt feel anything and doesn't think he has a blockage from eating something he shouldn't although we're not convinced. She gave an anti sickness injection as she thinks it's gastro and sent him home with anti sickness pills to put in some chicken & rice. Follow up appointment Monday if he's no better. She said he's not in any pain, still wants to eat & passing stolls so didn't feel the need to x-Ray today. Fingers crossed x

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptySun 19 Mar 2017, 8:30 pm

Awww poor boy, a week is a long time to be poorly. I hope whatever it is passes quickly
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptySun 19 Mar 2017, 8:50 pm

He's not been sick since the injection, he's been having anti sickness tablets with his meals of chicken and rice. He's been so down :( but has parked up tonight. Fingers crossed we won't need the vet appointment we made for tomo morning
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptySun 19 Mar 2017, 9:34 pm

Let us know how he is tomorrow x
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017, 8:06 am

Awwww poor Quattro - it's always a worry when they are poorly.

Get well soon Quattro xxx
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017, 10:29 am

No more sickness so we cancelled this morning's appointment. I'll carry on the anti sickness tabs & the chicken & rice and see how he is over the next few days. We'll soon know once he finishes the course of tablets eek!

We've been on our normal walk this morning so he's having a little sleep now
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017, 7:28 pm

That's good news, fingers crossed he's getting over it now
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017, 8:46 pm

More cheekiness coming back this evening so fingers crossed. God they do worry us!
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyTue 21 Mar 2017, 9:49 am

Oh that is good news and yes they do worry us good job
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyWed 22 Mar 2017, 10:00 pm

How has he been Lou?
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyFri 24 Mar 2017, 7:02 pm

Grrr gave him the remaining tablet yesterday so this morning no tablet. Had his food about 7:30, at lunch time I took him to my parents and he was sick twice! Just food! So more tablets for this weekend but need to go back to the vets next week :(. Just gave him his tablets with chicken & rice so fingers crossed he keeps it down. I have a bad feeling about this :(
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptySat 25 Mar 2017, 5:29 pm

Oh dear, surely if it was a black age or something he would be sick regardless of the meds?

My sisters dogs were both poorly with tummy upsets for about three weeks. One had it and as she got better the other dog got it and they seemed to keep passing it between them

Fingers crossed it's just taking a while to pass x
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptySun 26 Mar 2017, 7:52 pm

No more sick this weekend as the tablets are doing their job, I will call the vet tomorrow to see what they suggest as they have given enough tablets for me to carry on for a few days but on the other hand she said only to take for the weekend as he shouldn't be on them for a long time. I do hope it will pass :(. On a positive note he's spent most of the weekend relaxing the my parents garden with his granddad so he's had some piece and quiet whilst we went away for the night
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyTue 28 Mar 2017, 3:39 pm

Poor Quatrro - I hope he makes a full recovery soon - it's horrible when our poochies are poorly.
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyWed 29 Mar 2017, 8:00 pm

No sickness yesterday or today without the tablets. Still on chicken & rice. I'm going to buy a new bag of food to start adding to the chicken and rice. We're wondering if there is something wrong with the new bag of food we got the other week as he was eating this the week he was ill and as soon as we started feeding him it without the anti sickness tablet he got ill again. He's not his usual self, hackles are up a lot but all over his back end and tail..odd!

My daughter trying to cheer him up with a cuddle
Vets this morning Img_0910
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017, 8:19 pm

Awww lovely pic.

Hope it's something as simple as the food x
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptySun 02 Apr 2017, 1:14 pm

So I've got Quattro on a new bag of food since Wednesday, 4 small meals and adding some water as he's not been drinking, also not pooing! The food has got him drinking and pooing again. So all going well until last night when he was sick again! It had been a whole week since he'd been sick. So back to the vets we go go for the next step :(
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptySun 02 Apr 2017, 5:51 pm

Sounds like more investigations are needed, let us know what the vets say
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyMon 03 Apr 2017, 8:23 am

Poor Quattro - please keep us posted

Beautiful photo honey xx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyThu 06 Apr 2017, 7:43 pm

Any news Lou?
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptySat 08 Apr 2017, 7:10 pm

Against my judgment hubby said to hold fire on going back to the vets.  I went and bought a small bag of the food to see if he was sick on this, he's been on this since Wednesday  & no sick. We finished the small bag yesterday morning so he had two small meals of the old bag and omg he smelt wrotten!! His stomach was rumbling too! So this morning I took the bag back and they replaced it. He's had three bigger meals from this bag today and all is fine so far. I'd say today I've actually felt he is on the mend and his hackles have only gone up once. I will increase his meal size over the next few days and see what happens. If all' son I'll be trying to get the vet fees back from said food company!

Thanks for asking

Hope you're all enjoying the weather, it's been amazing here today. Early walk before it got too hot this morning
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017, 11:10 am

What food have you been using Lou xx

It is such a worry and I really hope you get some answers soon
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017, 8:33 pm

He's on Wainwright complete which he's been on for many years now. New bag seems fine.

No hackles up at all today :), seems to be getting better by the day so fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyTue 11 Apr 2017, 8:41 am

That's really good news xxxx

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning EmptyTue 11 Apr 2017, 9:49 pm

Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vets this morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vets this morning   Vets this morning Empty

Back to top Go down

Vets this morning
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next