Staffiezone
noise issue??? R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
noise issue??? R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

noise issue???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bones
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
bones

Female
Number of posts : 781

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptyFri 30 Apr 2010, 6:34 pm

ok so caggers is home obviously, i have had her home just over a week and have noticed a behaiviour
i do not like, i am aware of how to correct this issue however but i wondered if anyone else has had
the same issue?
ok so my 2 year old (soon to be 3) likes to make noise, the other day she had a cardbored tube which our fish tank light came in and she was banging it on the poof, as soon as cagney heard the bangs she
barked at first but then as faith carried on she began to run towards the sound teeth bared, either a protection thing or she doesnt like the noise, now i had her ears cleaned when she was spey i wonder if before that the noise was muffled and now its louder, faith today picked up an envelpope and was slapping it on the setee, her hand was inside, and again cagney was charging this noise or movement...could t be the sound??
like i said i know how to address it but was wondering if anyone else had an issue with load sounds or movement....lucky i was in the room when faith was makeing the noises and lucky i stood my ground and stopped cagney getting the envelope as faiths hand was inside of it..gggrrr...also in all the charging she was doing she has bled from her stitches..silly dog
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptyFri 30 Apr 2010, 6:38 pm

it could be the noise hun or it could be something do with her past remember she has lived elsewhere and however nice they seemed when rehoming her they may not have told you everything ,
i remember one dog when i was a child pick up a newspaper and he would do that very same thing as cagney we found out eventually that they had hit him with the paper .
you really need keep her calm even if that means crated until she has healed she can do so much damage internally give me a shout if you havent got a crate hun ill ask on freecycle for u or even ask jas if he thinks we can trust buffy for a few days
Back to top Go down
bones
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
bones

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptyFri 30 Apr 2010, 6:59 pm

no worries jo, i do have a crate but my grandad is here fitting the washing machine so she would wine if i put her in there and to me thats not fair,lol, my moms dog was terrified of rolled up news papers because of that but chose to flee instead of fight, cagney seems to want to fight first so lord knows what went on, the lady did have an older dog and 3 children and when we got her we couldnt touch her collar as it seems she was dragged to her poop or something similar by her collar so i know the woman had no clue really when it came to puppies and accidents this is why at four months old cagney still peed and pooped in the house, where as lacey only ever did it once and she lived outside until she was four months old, so all i can do is act and correct upon her behaiviour and hope she learns from my corrections, last thing i need is a trip to A&E cuz she nipped faiths fingers by accident, like her fear of feet really think we know why dogs are scared of feet, doesnt take a brain surgen to figure that out...i wish peeps wouldnt do things like that...think u maybe right about her previous home....gggrrr
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptyFri 30 Apr 2010, 7:23 pm

I would defo go with Jo on this one could be her past life, you never know, might not have been something horrible even could just be that intense play was with something like a cardboard tube that they used to bang about and play hard with as I say you just don't know and its a bit of a learning curve.

My previous dog was nuts over a pack of cards - why we will never know but shuffling cards and making a flipping noise sent her loopy and if you open a book when Kassi is about she goes on one and we have had her from 6 weeks, but you dare shut a book and make a noise she is all teeth blazing and nuts.

Hopefully, it was just a game that looks worse than it actually is, but you know what you are doing so I am sure no harm will be done dancing
Back to top Go down
bones
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
bones

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptyFri 30 Apr 2010, 7:32 pm

yeah i agree big time, my dads dog used to go nuts about binbags, but his story was that he was trown from a car in one so that does explain that, and i know why lacey is scared of water, but again chooses to flee instead of fight, because pups have scare times when they are pups, well between 3 and 7 months the likly hood is if they are scared by something they will be cautious around that thing for a very long time, ill get there with caggers its more tryin to get through to faith now about noises lol...thats gonna be the tough part lol
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptyFri 30 Apr 2010, 8:36 pm

tell her cagney has poorley ear i do it with boo and it normally works lol
Back to top Go down
bones
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
bones

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptyFri 30 Apr 2010, 10:19 pm

omg i cant tell u how many times i have had to tell faith cagney's tummy hurts and ears hurt she just ignors me..gggrrrr i hate kids, wish she would grow up and pay attension....but she cant afford to pay attension as she doesnt even have a job yet..ggrrrr..lmfbo
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptyFri 30 Apr 2010, 10:22 pm

lolol u nutter

she will learn hun same as cagney , you have to be patient , on your toes and keep saying no lol
Back to top Go down
bones
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
bones

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptyFri 30 Apr 2010, 11:46 pm

if i say NO any more i will actually explode...maye there should be a parental advice section on staffiezone, cuz i think im doing it wrong...i end up shouting wich pees fil off then i get called names and omg wtf, faith is a happy chappy and not scared of me or anything but fil thinks im to strict or something i dont know i have no patients when it comes to kids....and faith pushes me..lol.. id never hurt her but sometimes i want to bite something before i explode..lol maybe im doin it all wrong...maybe i really do suc,, but how is it i have patients with dogs bt not children??? why?? i dont know
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptySat 01 May 2010, 12:31 am

dogs dont answer back or pull faces lololol

they say you have to give a dog boundries and its the same for a child,
start as you mean to go on hun i gte called names here and i also get told to cool off im to strict but when it comes to the dog i dont think you can be strict enough with a child you seen boo yourself she is a mare for dogs and thinks all they do is lick and trump
but she does know how far she can go and what buffy does and doesnt like

when faiths doing something with cagney that u dont want ie banging turn into something positive keep some treats in yer pocket dogs will follow u everywhere like lol
but when she bangs turn into training juts say to her look cagney dont like that but she loves these here u go ask her sit paw high 5 what ever but that way your taking faiths mind off what ever she is banging

if that fails you take off faith what ever she is banging with and give her time out

to be honest hun as mad as this sounds a child is like a pup and its the same training really you potty train a pup you train it to behave how you want ect
Back to top Go down
bones
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
bones

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptySat 01 May 2010, 12:52 am

very good points jo, i gotta try as faith knows lacey very well nd knows what she can do with her, but terriers are different, i will try my best with faith, thats all i can do, maybe i get to wound up to easily with her, but after spending every day alone with her it ghets to me, by the time fil comes home im allready level 9 with frustration and it doesnt stop does it..relentlesness is motherhood...gggrrr, im sur faith has ADHD she cant concentrate for any long time i try get her to draw and she stays still for fifteen mins then back up running a muck...it grates me sometimes. maybe i just need a liein, just one day an extra hour in bed...oh would be nice lol
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptySat 01 May 2010, 1:09 am

terriers are noi different hun the difference is you have had lacey from a pup she klnows what you expect oif her , cagney is new to the family and needs to be shown where her place is in your family remember you dont know her past , and she has had time with tanya who may have different boundries to you and now she has come to you she will be a very confused little girl herself and juts needs that little extra push in the right direction the same as faith its all new to her having another dog she is so used to lacey being so good with her she expects cagney to be the same

you will gte there though hun you know what your doing and ive met tow of your beautiful girls to know what a good job you have done xxx
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptySat 01 May 2010, 9:32 am

Chill Bones, everthing is new for everyone at the moment its gonna have its ups and downs until the whole routine thing is established with humans and doglets.

Can you get fil to take over for one hour a day when he gets home and get yourself some time out. I know I sound like a nut and I know how difficult kids can be sometimes, but an hour to yourself could be just what you need and will be something to look forward to each day.

Bash me over the head if you want I am just thinking out loud.
Back to top Go down
bones
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
bones

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptySat 01 May 2010, 10:19 am

well lacey is helping me out alot with cagney as i knew she would, whats most dificult at the moment is the fact i cant let cagney off lead she has so much energy as does faith, like just we were walkin and a rodesian ridgeback came bounding over to us no owner in sight so i let lacey's lead go as i didnt fancy being dragged through the mud and lacey and the other dog were runin around i felt so bad that cagney couldnt go n play but the guy who eventually showed up was useless, lol he should have got his dog and put him on lead instead he pathetically and half asssdly called him back repeatedly gggrrrr,
good job i got strong arms cuz he came back for another play lol but that time i was on solid ground but i told the dogs to sit and he got bored and ran off, lol,
and sandi i dont bash peeps on the head...much..lol..if i thought fil would do that though i would ask him, but then i would feel guilty as he been work all day i cant win really, fil tells me off for shouting and yet its taken me all day to build up to that and to be honest after 5 mins of faith harrasing him cuz she missed him all day he is frustrated, so how im supposed to trust him if i get a job and leave him and faith together for hours i do not know...gggrrr im stuck between a rock and a hard place lol,
all in all though cagney is learning slowly, she only tried to get on the settee once and was told not to and hasnt tried again since she follows me everywhere like a lost sheep but thats fine and a bit funny.
ill get there just busy and all new routines and so on...
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptySat 01 May 2010, 11:13 am

do you not know the hardest job in the world is being a mother
you will get there hun and i know how hard it is with a hubby that works all day and then comes home and grumps because they being jumped on lololol

you will gte there though if i lived a little closer ifd suggest u dropped faith off for an hour with boo so you could have that hour peace xx
Back to top Go down
bones
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
bones

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptySat 01 May 2010, 11:19 am

oh jo, but if i came to your house i woulnd want to leave her there i would want to stay to..lol.. for tea and cakes, my mission is to get on the road so i can visit nice people like yourself..faiths quiet on car jurney's, bargin lol
and i say that to fil..he just laughs and says ok then swap...ggrrr
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptySat 01 May 2010, 11:45 am

lolol

hurry up and get your tests passed then
Back to top Go down
bones
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
bones

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptySat 01 May 2010, 11:54 am

ok...need fils work to get there fingers out on promises....and guess what they told him in his paypacket last week he was gonna get it...but he didnt so he gone to work today with his war face on..lol...its all bout money but we have been looking at cars recently as fill needs a new one and cuz im a girl i need a car like a coat that i can just slip on to go to the shop and buy my chocolate..lolol this year deffo!!
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptySat 01 May 2010, 12:06 pm

i keep on at the mo i want a little car that i can just get in and go do me own thing lol doubt its going happen yet though grrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
bones
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
bones

Female

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? EmptySat 01 May 2010, 12:08 pm

me to, would be great, i just wanna be able to go up to park hall with the dogs and meet up with real humans with faces and stuff instead of talking to a 2 year old all day and looking at a computer screen..oh and cleaning..ggrrr speaking of which i must clean now, lol back laters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

noise issue??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: noise issue???   noise issue??? Empty

Back to top Go down

noise issue???
Page 1 of 1