Staffiezone
Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Worried...Poppy has a swelling

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female
Number of posts : 2001

Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worried...Poppy has a swelling    Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016, 10:05 am

Thank you ... I really do appreciate your help / advice .

No shes not insured Jo...unfortunately due to the issues she had when she was a lot younger to insure her the quotes were ridiculous...it would be a dream to be able to take her for a consultation with Noel Fitzpatrick

Fingers crossed whatever it is on her leg / shoulder does'nt seem to be getting any bigger ... if that changes she's got to go straight back over to vets . I think the decision would be much easier if it was'nt for this swelling

I may have my hopes up here but hey its worth a try...I know its probably nothing to do with this but its worth trying! Just before her leg/shoulder swelled up I changed her joint medication from Yumove to Denes Greenleaf...its only been since changing her joint meds that this swelling has appeared so just to outrule anything we are stopping the Denes and starting her back on Yumove

I think I would take the risk with the removal of the mammary gland...its just soooo hard...if only dogs could talk xx
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Worried...Poppy has a swelling    Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016, 10:20 am

Lets all try and channel positive energy and thoughts for both you and Poppy xxxxx

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: Worried...Poppy has a swelling    Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016, 8:31 pm

How is she getting on Wendy?
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Worried...Poppy has a swelling    Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016, 9:20 pm

Poppy 's fine hun . She's being checked regularly and thankfully no changes to report . Under the circumstances (I got diagnosed with Breast Cancer today) we have decided to hold fire at moment at least for 1 more week anyway as vet is now away on hols, sit and wait but should anything change she will be rushed straight over xx
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Worried...Poppy has a swelling    Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 EmptyFri 02 Sep 2016, 5:49 pm

Update:

The swelling has grown but does not appear to be affecting Poppy in any way, vet still believes it to be a Lypoma but without doing a biopsy there is no way of knowing for definite .

The mammary tumour found has not grown which is good

Under current circumstances everything is on hold for present (I'm going into hospital next Tuesday) but Poppy is having regular check up's at the vets to monitor these issues

We had to make an urgent appointment for Poppy this morning as yesterday her remaining eye became inflammed (she only has one eye now, one eye was removed a number of years ago due to a Tumour and Glaucoma), I bathed it overnight hoping it was just an irritation but sadly it was'nt, vet managed to squeeze us in at lunchtime, Poppy had local anaethestic and had tests, Conjunctivitis was outruled, possible infection??? but vet believes it could be the possible onset of Glaucoma although at present the pressure behind the eye isn't abnormally high, or an Ulcer but no Ulcers could be seen, Poppy has been prescribed some Mavitrol which is a steroid and antibiotic for 5 days which will hopefully resolve this fingers crossed xxx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Worried...Poppy has a swelling    Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 EmptyFri 02 Sep 2016, 9:47 pm

Blinking heck, you are having a right run of bad luck at the moment. I hope she feels better soon xx
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female
Number of posts : 2369

PostSubject: Re: Worried...Poppy has a swelling    Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Sep 2016, 9:39 am

Hope she's better soon x
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Worried...Poppy has a swelling    Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Sep 2016, 1:37 pm

Awwww you're having such a rough time at the moment - wish it would improve for you xx

Please keep us posted - hugs to Poppy xx
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Worried...Poppy has a swelling    Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Sep 2016, 6:27 pm

Thank you everyone .

Poppy does'nt like us putting stuff in her eye but fingers crossed the Mavitrol eye drops (their called drops but its more of a gel - quite difficult to get into the eye) seem to be doing the trick...she can only have the eye drops for 5 days but her eye looks so much better already...almost back to normal...her eye was really quite an angry red / badly bloodshot xxx
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Worried...Poppy has a swelling    Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 EmptyWed 07 Sep 2016, 2:15 pm

How is Poppy's eye looking today hun xx
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Worried...Poppy has a swelling    Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 EmptyFri 09 Sep 2016, 10:30 pm

Sorry hun ... not been online much .

Poppy's eye is looking good, applied the eye drops for 5 days as told and the redness has gone ... very relieved

Growth (suspected Lypoma) on her shoulder has not grown any further thank goodness nor the mammary tumour so the thought at present as discussed with our vet is to leave well alone unless Poppy suddenly becomes uncomfortable / pained but as before she continues to have a check up every couple of weeks to monitor her health (Poppy is 13 & 1/2 so is doing amazingly well) xxx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Worried...Poppy has a swelling    Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Sep 2016, 12:01 pm

That's good to hear. Fingers crossed there I no further growth x
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Worried...Poppy has a swelling    Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Sep 2016, 9:21 am

So pleased to hear this positive news xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worried...Poppy has a swelling    Worried...Poppy has a swelling  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worried...Poppy has a swelling
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2