Staffiezone
Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP* R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP* R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP*

Go down 
+2
Alliecass
Yarder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 510

Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP* Empty
PostSubject: Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP*   Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP* EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 2:44 pm

Hello all :)

Yesterday morning i think oreo had a run in with a fox i heard noise looked back and a fox was running out of a bush folloed by ores. We stayed at the park for 4 hours and then i noticed his bottom eyelid was swelling a little so the pink was visible without pulling the eye down. Today it is worse maybe treble the size and his eye has reduced in size due to the swelling. Going to take him to the vets tomorrow if i can get a slot if not tuesday he isnt in pain it wouldnt seem its just not looking very nice. Any suggestions?

photobucket playin up so cannot get picture atm :(
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6766

PostSubject: Re: Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP*   Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP* EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 2:53 pm

oh no poor Oreo, Im sorry I cant suggest anything to help, only get him to the vet asap, please keep us posted and i hope he is better soon
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP*   Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP* EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 4:30 pm

Could it be a reaction to something in the undergrowth rather than something from the fox? It may be worth trying him on a piriton to see if it helps and bathing it in cool water

A used cold teabag held over his eye may also help

Let us know how he gets on
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6766

PostSubject: Re: Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP*   Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP* EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 5:57 pm

Jo your amazing, I would never have thought of that xx

worthy
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP*   Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP* EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 6:16 pm

Give over, you are making me blush x
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP*   Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP* EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 6:25 pm

Poor Oreo - I would use either as Jo suggest the cool tea bag and keep rinsing with luke warm water - his eye closing is a reaction to some kind of eye injury - whether it be grit - thorn - scratch - its the eyes way of protecting itself xx

Let us know what vet says in morning x
Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member
jakies13

Female
Number of posts : 7512

PostSubject: Re: Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP*   Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP* EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 9:27 pm

Awww poor Oreo x
Can't offer anymore advise than what has been given.
Let us know how he gets on at vets x
Back to top Go down
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 510

PostSubject: Re: Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP*   Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP* EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 11:30 pm

Thanks :) when it first came up i gave him a piriton but it didnt do anything so i assumed it wasnt an allergy.

I cant say it is from the fox as when he came away he had no marks it came up after so im assuming but it could have been bushes etc ! ill keep you updated :) x
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP*   Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP* EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 7:27 am

Is Oreo's eye still shut honey xx
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP*   Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP* EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 7:55 am

Oh poor Oreo, hope his eye is better today group hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP*   Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP* Empty

Back to top Go down

Oreos Eye Swelling Shut *HELP*
Page 1 of 1