Staffiezone
Dogs change in behaviour R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Dogs change in behaviour R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Dogs change in behaviour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female
Number of posts : 2369

Dogs change in behaviour Empty
PostSubject: Dogs change in behaviour   Dogs change in behaviour EmptySat 20 May 2017, 12:26 pm

Have any of you had a change in your dogs behaviour though maybe age or moving, change of environment or house etc? Interested to know as I'm not sure if it's a combination of things with Quattro but he's defo much better since turning 6 and us moving to a house. He's defo less restive to big dog (he never liked big dogs) if restive at all! Seems much more settled. I'd expect a lot of it is due to me walking him now. I was never confident walking him with his strength as I only walked him a few times a week but now every day and a good walk (as far as his legs will go without being in pain the next day) 45 mins to an hour.

Just got back from our walk, he was pulling far too much today (hadn't been out as my daughter has been very poorly & it hasn't stopped raining) which was expected. But when needed he was amazing. For instants we was approaching a Land Rover which had the boot open, I recognised the man as having two big dogs but be time he shouted stay it was too late for us to cross. By this point we were beside his boot, Quattro pulled round to see what the man was shouting at and was faced by a huge dog but then just turned around and carried on walking, as we walked away I gave him some treats. Then he sat nicely with my dad outside the local shop whilst I popped in and he was getting some nice smiles from people when I came out. Sounds like normal stuff but wouldn't of been a few years back
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: Dogs change in behaviour   Dogs change in behaviour EmptySat 20 May 2017, 8:08 pm

My first staffie was very destructive and she only stopped when we moved into a new house. No idea why apart from it was a bigger house.
Maybe Quattro us more settled now and more relaxed now you are more confident.
Well done to Quattro x
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Dogs change in behaviour   Dogs change in behaviour EmptyMon 22 May 2017, 2:14 pm

I do think a change in environment can help - our boys have never been so chilled since we moved home, the noise from our neighbours really unsettled the boys xx
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female
Number of posts : 2369

PostSubject: Re: Dogs change in behaviour   Dogs change in behaviour EmptyMon 22 May 2017, 2:53 pm

That's a result Suzie. Yes ours used to shout a lot late at night which he never liked
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Dogs change in behaviour   Dogs change in behaviour EmptyWed 24 May 2017, 8:31 am

it used to really unsettle them and I used to get quite tense about it which I now know wouldn't have helped xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dogs change in behaviour   Dogs change in behaviour Empty

Back to top Go down

Dogs change in behaviour
Page 1 of 1