Staffiezone
**UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
**UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

**UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

**UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock Empty
PostSubject: **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock   **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock EmptyThu 04 May 2017, 9:24 am

Poor Diesel - I am thinking this could be the onset of arthritis, although I would rather the swelling he is having investigated today is nothing more than a knock to the leg.

Not sure if you can make it out on these pics, this morning though, the swelling had reduced quite a lot

**UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock Dsc_2711

**UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock Dsc_2710

**UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock Dsc_2712

**UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock Dsc_2713

Will update you as soon as I hear back from the xrays

*********************************************************************************
UPDATE

The vet, Hugo rang me earlier, they have taken xrays and fluid sample of the hock joint, there are signs of arthritis in the joint - but the analysis of the fluid will determine if other causes are present (takes 7 days)

The lump and his leg has been biopsied, again 7 days for the results.

We did ask them to check Diesels prostate gland and he does sometime dribble after having a wee. The vets has confirmed an enlarged prostate - Benign - so not cancer, but Diesel will need castrating to allow the prostrate to shrink.

Will update you again once I collect Diesel this evening xx

Back to top Go down
JonRA
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Male
Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock   **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock EmptyThu 04 May 2017, 6:20 pm

Poor Diesel - hope his leg settles OK and all the test point to a good outcome in the longer term.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock   **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock EmptyThu 04 May 2017, 8:43 pm

Fingers crossed for postitive results.
Has he been castrated today?
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female
Number of posts : 2369

PostSubject: Re: **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock   **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock EmptyThu 04 May 2017, 9:53 pm

Hope he's ok suzie xx
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

PostSubject: Re: **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock   **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock EmptyFri 05 May 2017, 12:08 pm

Hello

Diesel is ok ta

It was just xrays and tests yesterday, Diesel is booked in for the castration on May 25th - not looking forward to that day, but it has to be done xx
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Jakethedog

Male
Number of posts : 3749

PostSubject: Re: **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock   **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock EmptyWed 10 May 2017, 10:27 pm

I bet that is a bit painfull for Diesel suzie T , im a bit late on this so hope its gone down a little now ?

iv got my fingers crossed for good results too
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

PostSubject: Re: **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock   **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock EmptyMon 22 May 2017, 2:09 pm

Thanks everyone.

Results came back on Friday as follows

Lump on hind leg is cancerous, so that will be removed this Thursday along with the castration.

Swollen Hock - thankfully no infection or cancer, so it is arthritis, we are discussing the treatment for thi on Thursday too

Will keep you all updated xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock   **UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock Empty

Back to top Go down

**UPDATED** Diesel Swollen Leg - Hock
Page 1 of 1