Staffiezone
dog signs on the house R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
dog signs on the house R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

dog signs on the house

Go down 
+13
ems
Yasmin
Toni
jakies13
Alliecass
TaffyStaffy
Allison
Mandy
rachel298
Sandi
Mattie
Staffylover
Jo n Buffs
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

dog signs on the house Empty
PostSubject: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 1:11 am

we had someone in our back garden the other night and buffy was going wild in fact so wild she actually scared me , we phoned the police and when they came out to investigate we asked what were the laws regarding my dog biting someone if they were intruding there answers are as below

1. well the intruder shouldnt have been there its the dogs place to protect

my reply but ive heard that they can take me court

2. well unless i go back and check i cannot be sure as there is a whole folder on this with all conflicting info

my reply great so you have not got a clue where we stand and you represent the law

the officer with them said

ive notice you have no sign i said yea i know this is why im asking so where do i stand now this is apparentley what all good dog owners should know

you must have a sign visible to say there is a dog loose to protect you and the dog
do not have a sign saying what breed for obvious reasons
do not have a sign saying beware as you are advertising a nasty dog

the side should only say

BE AWARE THERE IS A DOG RUNNING LOOSE

I thought id put it on so we can all BE AWARE that there are many conflicting laws and one word can have you fighting on court .

i have allways been worried where i stand as i was told many years ago if i didnt have a sign then an intruder has not been warned there is a dog so if the dog bites he has a chance in court to have the dog pts even though he shouldnt have been on the dogs premises in the first place this is why i asked them just so we know for sure it also has to be placed where it can be seen .
the same as security cameras if you have one on your property and you have no sign to say so then any evidence will not be considered . we live in a mad world as the intruder doesnt have to tell us he is going come and rob us in advance does he.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 8:20 am

I have one sign at the front door that say beware of the dog, and you cannot trust the cat (just to be safe) and I have just put a new one on the back gate that states beware of the dog enter at your own risk. I just thought you had to have a sign, not be specific in the grammar.

I don't recall seeing any signs about dogs running loose when I was buying on ebay, I suppose I had better look for a new one
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 9:31 am

ive emailed the kennel club to ask them ive also emailed staffordshire police head quaters but as yet heard nothing so that i can get all the facts
Back to top Go down
Mattie
Supporter
Supporter
Mattie

Female
Number of posts : 430

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 1:05 pm

Never put up Beward of the dog, that can be taken as your dog will bite. I used to have one "Never mind the dog, beware of the wife" This told people there is a dog but doesn't put you in the position were you are saying your dog is dangerous. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 1:17 pm

Never have a sign saying beware of the dog this implys that you are already aware that your dog could attack someone or become agressive if they enter the property and you would not have a leg to stand on because it would be said that you knew your dog was a danger to an intruder.

Dog running loose is fine.

Never display what type of dog even on house number plaques.

The law is an ass.

If you have broken glass on a high wall and an intruder tries to climb the wall and gets cut they can sue you because you have a hazzard. If you have rose bushes at the bottom of the wall and they get hurt they can't sue because they should not have been jumping the wall - work that one out!
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 9:02 pm

The law in this country sucks, I have looked on ebay to find an alternative sign and there is just one that does not say beware or does not say the breed!
I would be interested to hear what the police say when they respond Jo
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 9:14 pm

if they respond still waiting jo but will email again if no answer by tomorrow
why dont you make your own most of the ones on ebay are only printed and laminated
Back to top Go down
rachel298

Female
Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 11:50 pm

wow! i didnt even know i had to have a sign!!!! how stoopid do i feel?!
anyhoo, the whole neighbourhood knows we have a staffie! we go on walks n its, oh ur joshua's owner, he's lovely etc....
that n the fact that if u loose ur kids on our estate, likelyhood is they r in our garden playin with the dog!
will get a sign now tho
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyMon 17 Aug 2009, 3:26 pm

email i recieved today from staffordshire police

Joanne

Thank you for your query. I have undertaken some quick research and there is legislation that relates to 'guard dogs' including appropriate signage. I take the view that this does not relate to family pets but 'guard dogs' as we would know it i.e if dogs were used to protect a premises then relevant signage would need to be displayed.

Hope this helps.............

Inspector Neil Hulme
Newcastle NPU Commander
North Staffs Division

H4243 / Use a guard dog on premises without clearly exhibiting a warning notice

Offence Wording
On **(..SPECIFY DATE..) at **(..SPECIFY TOWNSHIP..) used

(A)_[a guard dog]_
(B)_[guard dogs]_

at **(..SPECIFY PREMISES..) when there was not clearly exhibited at each entrance to the premises a notice containing a warning that a guard dog was present
Legislation
Contrary to sections 1(3) and 5 of the Guard Dogs Act 1975.
Notes
See offence wording: H2745.
Powers Of Arrest
Arrest without warrant
Mode Of Trial
SUMMARY NON-IMPRISONABLE
Time Limit For Prosecutions
6 Months
Penalty Field
A fine not exceeding level five on the standard scale.

Time limit for prosecutions:
6 months
Fine Indicator
Yes
Max Fine Type Mag Ct
fine not exceeding level five on the legislative standard scale
Disqualification Class
discretionary disqualification not endorsable
Custodial Indicator
No
Fixed Penalty Notice Issued by Police
No
Fixed Penalty Notice Issued by Local Authorities
No
Fixed Penalty Notice Issued by Others
No
Points To Prove
date and location
use
a guard dog(s)
on premises
when warning notice(s) that a guard dog was present
was/were not clearly exhibited at each entrance
Police Actions
MCA procedure may be applied to this legislation
Legislation Code
Guard Dogs Act 1975
Offence Legal Topic
guard dogs - control by the handler
Offence Code
GD75003
MoPI Review Group
3 Always MOPI - Management of Police information - summary and link to main guidance document
PNC Code
HO Stats Code
195/99
DVLA Code
NE98
National Region
Great Britain
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyMon 17 Aug 2009, 3:27 pm

means nothing to me unless im just being thick lol
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyMon 17 Aug 2009, 10:44 pm

Wow how exciting thats as clear as mud ain't it we all know what to do now umm

I think if you go with what Mattie and I have said from our experiences you will all be okay. Just don't get a sign with a Staffie on it.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyMon 17 Aug 2009, 11:12 pm

im glad im not the only one who thought that lol
i was beginning think i was thick as two short planks now i know i not though :D
im gonna ask jas do ours just saying something simple never mind the dog beware of the kids lolololol
Back to top Go down
Mattie
Supporter
Supporter
Mattie

Female
Number of posts : 430

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyTue 18 Aug 2009, 9:59 am

I think it is the wording that matters not the picture, I have been surprised at the amount of people who do think Staffies are wonderful, friendly dogs and are upset at the way they are being portrayed in the press. This is also a chance for this board to raise money for Staffies :cheers:

Maybe someone could put several wordings for signs together then get people to buy them, they can have a picture of their own dog on as well. Don't know how much they will work out to cost or sell but may be worth looking into. They could be advertised on other boards. cheerleader
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyTue 18 Aug 2009, 10:57 am

do you know thats not a bad idea the ones at pets at home are only paper and laminated so dont think they would cost that much to make .
Back to top Go down
Mandy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Mandy

Female
Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyTue 18 Aug 2009, 10:06 pm

Please be aware I have 2 dogs just waiting to lick you to death!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyTue 18 Aug 2009, 10:33 pm

free washes at Mandys house lolololol
Back to top Go down
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Allison

Female
Number of posts : 2312

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyTue 20 Oct 2009, 5:21 pm

I have Duke on a laminate in the car saying Staffie on Board which was done by boxer rescue to raise money brilliant idea for either cars or the house think you guys should go for this or Im happy to help where I can :)
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyTue 20 Oct 2009, 8:00 pm

can we have piccy of what u mean hun ? pleaseeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Allison

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyTue 20 Oct 2009, 8:33 pm

Yes of course will do it tomorrow its a bit dark now and the sign is in the car but will post tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyTue 20 Oct 2009, 8:39 pm

thank u hun xx
Back to top Go down
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Allison

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyTue 20 Oct 2009, 8:51 pm

your more than welcome - I have a laminter etc so if you wanted Im more than happy to help out

I have emailed you back too hun
Back to top Go down
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Allison

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyWed 21 Oct 2009, 12:25 pm

Hi these are the signs for the car I was talking about you could also adapt them for your house too

dog signs on the house Picture
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyWed 21 Oct 2009, 12:39 pm

hhehe im loving that pic says come here ill wash you death lolololol
Back to top Go down
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Allison

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyWed 21 Oct 2009, 12:45 pm

Yeah I know lol this piccie was used for boxer rescue so there could be hundreds of dukes dangling from peoples car windows all over the country lol
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house EmptyWed 21 Oct 2009, 1:39 pm

now that gives me an idea our radio station holds comps for signs of theirs spotted in car windows lol we could have one now spot duke lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dog signs on the house   dog signs on the house Empty

Back to top Go down

dog signs on the house
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next