Staffiezone
Oreo is limping! R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Oreo is limping! R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Oreo is limping!

Go down 
+4
suziet
wids
Jo n Buffs
Yarder
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 510

Oreo is limping! Empty
PostSubject: Oreo is limping!   Oreo is limping! EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 3:44 pm

He just woke up (yup he is very lazy) and he got out of bed and i noticed he stumbled a little bit and as i watched i noticed he was limping on his back leg a little he went to the back door and was holding up a back leg ! What do you guys think? Could it be that he has just slept badly on it or something ? I think ill leave him a while and see if he gets better! . . . Were going on holiday in a week and really cant have him injured ! :pale: x
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

Oreo is limping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreo is limping!   Oreo is limping! EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 3:50 pm

he could have just slept awquard hun or he could have pulled it a little whilst playing and its only affected him sinc he has relaxed
i would just keep him calm and quiet for a day and see how he gets on if its that he has slept funny i would think he would be walking normal after an hour or so
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

Oreo is limping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreo is limping!   Oreo is limping! EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 3:54 pm

Jo n Buffs wrote:
he could have just slept awquard hun or he could have pulled it a little whilst playing and its only affected him sinc he has relaxed
i would just keep him calm and quiet for a day and see how he gets on if its that he has slept funny i would think he would be walking normal after an hour or so

I'd say exactly the same as Jo. Calm quiet and see if it sorts itself before worrying too much.
Back to top Go down
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

Oreo is limping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreo is limping!   Oreo is limping! EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 3:56 pm

I hope thats all it is! He is now grumbling to go out but he wont put much weight on it so he isnt going anywhere! Im just hoping that he pulled it or something whilst playing yesterday! He was the runt of the litter and so there is always something wrong with him! x
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

Oreo is limping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreo is limping!   Oreo is limping! EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 4:00 pm

Just seen your great pics of him with his friend - did the limp start after this?

It could be he's pulled or twisted something just slightly whilst tumbling on the grass with his girlfriend, especially if he hasn't played that rough for a while.
Back to top Go down
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

Oreo is limping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreo is limping!   Oreo is limping! EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 4:02 pm

No he was fine after - He has been asleep all night and just got up about 3.40 cxoz he is really lazy for only 13 months! Im hoping that is the cause i will leave him for a day or so and see! Thank you .x
Back to top Go down
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

Oreo is limping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreo is limping!   Oreo is limping! EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 5:35 pm

It seems to be getting worse :( ! He was laying on the bad side and whenether he breathed in his leg was lifting and when i went near him he grumbled and walked away :( ! Now he is one the sofa with mum ill post a video later . if he isnt better by sometime tomorrow ill be taking him to the vets! x
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

Oreo is limping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreo is limping!   Oreo is limping! EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 5:44 pm

It sounds to me like a ligament damage - my advice is not to let Oreo run or walk up and donwn stairs or jump on or off the settee - try and rest him as much as you can - and if poss only lead walk - Please don't let him off leash until the vet has checked him over.

Diesel hurt his back and ligament in his leg 24 hours after playing - and was given pain relief and lead walks for 3 weeks -

I would pop Oreo to vets in morning - Staffords have high pain thresholds so this must be painful for him - poor baby xx

So lots of rest - it could be his lower back and leg or just leg - please let us know how you get on xx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

Oreo is limping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreo is limping!   Oreo is limping! EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 5:53 pm

Have you checked his paw to make sure he is not injured or there is nothing in it? He could have something stuck between his toes or his paw could be infected which is causing him to keep it lifted.
See if you can gently squeeze his paw and see if he reacts.
I know when Chloe was limping she had cut her pad on a tiny shard of glass (had to be seen by a magnifying glass) but the pad had become infected and there was no where for it to go so it was all swollen

Hope it is nothing too serious. Let us know how you get on at the vets, in the meantime I would agree with Suzie in keeping him calm
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female
Number of posts : 11929

Oreo is limping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreo is limping!   Oreo is limping! EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 6:00 pm

Suzie's advice is spot on and I hope he's ok.
Back to top Go down
CodyBoo
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4517

Oreo is limping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreo is limping!   Oreo is limping! EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 7:03 pm

Oh dear, poor Oreo. Hope it's nothing serious. Let us know how he is tomorrow group hug
Back to top Go down
kellie
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Female
Number of posts : 76

Oreo is limping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreo is limping!   Oreo is limping! EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 7:45 pm

poor oreo hope he's ok xx
Back to top Go down
Yarder
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

Oreo is limping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreo is limping!   Oreo is limping! EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 8:23 pm

He has just spent the evening sleeping! Tomorrow ill see how he is and if no improvement ill call the vets :) I Think it was during playing and wouldnt surprise me if this caused it :

Oreo is limping! DSC00053

he was able to run away from his flea treatment though! But ill keep you all updated thank you very very mUch :) . x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oreo is limping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreo is limping!   Oreo is limping! Empty

Back to top Go down

Oreo is limping!
Page 1 of 1