Staffiezone
Meet Frank R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Meet Frank R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Meet Frank

Go down 
+10
wids
CodyBoo
Mandy
Yasmin
Sandi
Angel
lindauk
Jo n Buffs
Staffylover
Franks Dad
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Franks Dad
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy
Franks Dad

Male
Number of posts : 38

Meet Frank Empty
PostSubject: Meet Frank   Meet Frank EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 8:20 pm

Thought I'd introduce Frank to the forum... Frank is 1.5 years old. In November 2009 I saw his picture on Petfinders.com, he was in a small local shelter about 2hrs from where I live.

His profile listed him as a "Pug mix" - When I called the shelter regarding him I was told they had misprinted his profile and he was a "Pit mix". His picture was so appealing I had to go meet him. I was not familiar with Pits, AmStaffs or EngStaffs - but his appearance did remind me of a Chinese Shar-Pei I had many years ago.

When I first met Frank I was in love :-) ... he was the most amazing dog, he was friendly and very calm. He let me flip him over onto his back and just lay there for a scratch - and when walked by the other dogs enclosures he walked past ignoring their barks and lunging and when greeted by a-non barking dog he licked their nose through the wire mesh - His tail never stopped wagging from the time I met him to the time I left.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to take him home right away as he had to be neutered before adoption.

The animal control officer told me that he had been turned in as a stray. A lady brought him into a Veterinary office claiming she had found him wandering the streets. Later that day a young lady came looking for him and said she and her baby had recently moved back in with her mother and her mother didin't want a dog in the house... so her mother dropped him off to get rid of him. The Vet assistant told her he was taken to the animal shelter that morning.

The young lady told the officer at the shelter that he was a 10 month old "Mini Pit" given to her by her boyfriend and she wanted him back -but- she couldn't afford the $60 relinquishing fee. The officer told me there was no such breed as a Mini Pit and that on a personal note the girl wasn't the type of person to own this breed of dog and although she apparently loved the dog there was no way he was handing the dog over to her as he would end up back at the shelter at one point in time. Frank was at the shelter for 25 days when I found him.

So thats how Frank came here!

My sister-in-law was watching a Dog show on TV and saw a Staffordshire Bull Terrier she said they looked like Frank - I checked on the Breed and sure enough he looked just like them. So I found a retired Staffordshire Bull Terrier Breeder and asked him to take a look at Frank to see if he was part STB - The breeder said he was indeed a Staffie and a pure bred one at that. He said from what he could see whoever bred him knew what they were doing as he was to standard, although he had some maturing to do. The breeder had a brindle female that was a dead ringer for Frank :) He was surprised I found him in a shelter as the breed is not that common in the USA. He said when you do come across one they are usually mixed with the American Pit Bull Terrier or the Amstaff. He said "I hope you know what you have here, you have one of the best breed of dogs on the planet" :)

Franks temperament is wonderful. He loves people, dogs, cats (which he met one for the first time this week, a 12 week old Kitten:). He is also very good around horses although I have not let him off leash around them yet. We go to the dog park almost daily and we go to the small dog side - although recently he has become more interested in toys than playing with the other dogs :)

So I'm hooked on the Breed :) ... I'm so happy I found a forum on the breed and you all seem like great people - hopefully I can find the time to check in more often :)

Sorry for the long post :o .... but you know how it is, when you start talking about your dog ........ :bored:

Frank's Passport Photo
Meet Frank RSCN3000

Frank sitting on the Patio
Meet Frank DSCN2996

Frank and his Giraffe
Meet Frank DSCN2593

Franks first trip to the snow
Meet Frank RSCN2960

Frank running at top speed in the snow
Meet Frank RSCN2975

Franks first visit to the Beach
Meet Frank FranktheBeach

Frank running on the beach
Meet Frank FrankBeach

Frank at the Dog park
Meet Frank FranktheDogPark

Frank snoozing
Meet Frank FrankPassedOut
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

Meet Frank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Frank   Meet Frank EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 8:24 pm

What a handsome boy! Lovely story and fantastic pics, frank is a very lucky boy x
Back to top Go down
Franks Dad
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy
Franks Dad

Male

Meet Frank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Frank   Meet Frank EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 8:28 pm

Thanks Jo - I think I'm the lucky one :Smile:
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

Meet Frank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Frank   Meet Frank EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 8:30 pm

thank you for sharing that fab story , i cannot agree with that breeder enough they truley are the most amazing breed ever ,
Franks story made me smile so much well done for giving him a second chance and a wonderful home ,I dont know what its like in the usa but sadley over here staffies are very much overlooked and many are in rescues .

he is absoloutley gorgeous and has an amazing smile , hope we are goig to see lots more of him love
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
lindauk

Female
Number of posts : 9712

Meet Frank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Frank   Meet Frank EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 8:36 pm

hes gorgeous pado, love his smile x
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Angel

Female
Number of posts : 7814

Meet Frank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Frank   Meet Frank EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 8:41 pm

wow what a story and what a dog pit mix hmmph he is pure staff all the way a totally gorgeous one at that :)))))) lok forward to more pics
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

Meet Frank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Frank   Meet Frank EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 9:01 pm

What a fab story and what a fantastic looking doggie awww.

Look forward to hearing more stories and seeing more pics.
Back to top Go down
Yasmin
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Yasmin

Female
Number of posts : 1087

Meet Frank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Frank   Meet Frank EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 9:06 pm

That was a lovely introduction thanks so much for sharing. Frank is beautiful cannot wait to hear more.

x
Back to top Go down
Mandy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Mandy

Female
Number of posts : 1802

Meet Frank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Frank   Meet Frank EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 10:17 pm

what a lovely story and he is a gorgeous boy. Looking forward to hearing more about him and seeing more pictures (we love piccies on ere, its impossible to put too many lol)
Back to top Go down
CodyBoo
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4517

Meet Frank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Frank   Meet Frank EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 11:09 pm

Great introduction. Thanks for sharing.

Frank is just gorgeous love
Back to top Go down
Franks Dad
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy
Franks Dad

Male

Meet Frank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Frank   Meet Frank EmptySun 13 Jun 2010, 1:57 am

Jo n Buffs wrote:
I dont know what its like in the usa but sadley over here staffies are very much overlooked and many are in rescues .

Thats very sad to hear about the SBT. Here in the U.S. the APBT has the same problem (and any cross of). The shelters and Rescue organizations are over-run with them. Unfortunately most shelters have a NO ADOPTION policy on Pits and they are put down without a chance at adoption.

I don't know what its like in the U.K. but here, Dog fighting is a real problem still and unfortunately these dogs have a very bad reputation. On the shelters that do adopt out Pits that have been temperament checked - on any given day you can walk into one and most dogs there are Pits or Pit mixes ... Its very sad.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

Meet Frank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Frank   Meet Frank EmptySun 13 Jun 2010, 10:43 am

pit bulls are banned here :cries: , there is dog fighting and there is also people who use them as weapons for protection .
makes me so mad in all my life i have only ever been fortunate to meet one pit bull and he was as just as soft and loving as my own dog is now ,
we have the problem now that they want staffys banned and if they get there way it will then turn on another breed .
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

Meet Frank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Frank   Meet Frank EmptySun 13 Jun 2010, 4:29 pm

Lovely dog..and only a staffy can smile like that!!
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6766

Meet Frank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Frank   Meet Frank EmptySun 13 Jun 2010, 4:33 pm

Your dog is gorgeous and thank you for sharing your story

ta
Back to top Go down
jakies13