Staffiezone
Does your dog like other dogs R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Does your dog like other dogs R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Does your dog like other dogs

Go down 
+16
CodyBoo
xclairex1
jakies13
cairo's mum
lindauk
Toni
bones
wids
Eddi and Daisy
Jo n Buffs
Wendy
Sandi
Mandy
Angel
Yasmin
Staffylover
20 posters

Yes, loves them all
Does your dog like other dogs Vote_lcap157%Does your dog like other dogs Vote_rcap
 57% [ 16 ]
No, hates all dogs
Does your dog like other dogs Vote_lcap17%Does your dog like other dogs Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Can tolerate some but not others
Does your dog like other dogs Vote_lcap136%Does your dog like other dogs Vote_rcap
 36% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

Does your dog like other dogs Empty
PostSubject: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 09 May 2010, 7:57 am

How friendly are your dogs with other dogs? Chloe does not really tolerate any other dog if it approaches her directly, she can be walked with another dog as long as they do not come too close.

Reuben is OK with 95% of all dogs, every now and then he will take a dislike to another dog but can be walked with it. Normally the dogs he takes a dislike to are ones that tend to stare at him
Back to top Go down
Yasmin
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Yasmin

Female
Number of posts : 1087

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 09 May 2010, 8:08 am

Maggie is soft as butter and is more scared of other dogs, once they have had a smell and she knows they are ok she will play and play.

Troy isnt keen on larger males or any dog that stares or bounds over to him and Maggie. He will greet nicely on lead and the is fine but he always is watching to see Maggie is ok.

His best friend is a westie called dennis.

the little one Nula is great like Mags...she will have a little excited yap and then play. x
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Angel

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 09 May 2010, 8:18 am

suki loves everything and anything or anyone bar cats
Back to top Go down
Mandy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Mandy

Female
Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 09 May 2010, 10:19 am

Ty is ok walking on lead with other dogs after a good sniff, but not off lead play since Buddy attacked him. I have to be carefull as he will go for other dogs in a bid to protect himself. Shame really as before Buddy he was really good.
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 09 May 2010, 10:23 am

Kassi is good with all dogs (so far) although she did have a grumble and an old gent at a show once which surprised us, but then we realised that it was because he was moving so slow. Not sure what it is but she has a thing about slow motion. When I have the TV on and put it on pause for a cuppa or whatever she is in the lounge moaning at it because it is not moving lol! (of course I do it on purpose sometimes just to get her going!) have to be careful when "Insure the Meerkat" comes on otherwise she would go through it!

Kassi normally flings herself on her back in front of people and dogs, great fun if there is mud on the ground - not!
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female
Number of posts : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 09 May 2010, 10:34 am

Ollie used to be fine with all dogs but over the last 6 months he has got a bit grouchy especially towards other dogs waiting in the vets waiting room, personally I have wondered whether going to the vets makes him nervous as its only been since his castration op last year, Ollie is fine with dogs normally on or off lead.

Poppy is fine with other dogs however she can be very domineering at times and likes to take control so she does have to be watched and does not tend to go off lead.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 09 May 2010, 11:22 am

buffy has never growled at another dog , but she is frightened of them she will say hi and have a little play when the other owner allows her play with their baby . but normally she sits on floor and shakes she is a right wuss lol
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Eddi and Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 09 May 2010, 5:15 pm

Eddi loves all dogs, daisy hates puppies.
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 09 May 2010, 6:47 pm

Bailey likes others, the girls are ok too but they just don't always get on with each other!! banghead
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 09 May 2010, 6:53 pm

Oh gosh yes I forgot, how are they getting on at the moment, are you making any headway with them?
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Eddi and Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 09 May 2010, 7:09 pm

Daisy is fine with older dogs but puppies even if they are huge and bigger than her she gets very aggressive, we tend to just walk through the fields and avoid dogs altogether so maybe doing the wrong thing by avoiding but it works for us.

Eddi isn't really bothered with other dogs he is happy with mum and dad and his ball oh and the river now its summer, he has a habit of bowling daisy right into the river did that twice recently.

Lol poor daisy comes up coughing and spluttering funny to see eddi seems to be laughing too he gets all jumpy and excited by it.
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptyTue 11 May 2010, 10:31 am

Staffylover wrote:
Oh gosh yes I forgot, how are they getting on at the moment, are you making any headway with them?

After a whole month of no trouble they had a minor spat yesterday - bit gutted we thought we were beginning to get past it. Onwards and upwards!!

We do have to play musical dogs still, but the main thing is they are both happy individually so the next plan is training classes for delinquents and carry on with the Dap, rescue remedy and 24/7 watching.

Have an opportunity to take them to spend time with a very very balanced family of dogs with 2 who are used as calmers with difficult dogs but bit nervous they will kick off with each other and cause a riot!!

Anyone else reading this..we have two girls who went from best mates to evil aliens overnight...after the oldest spent a weekend at the vets when she was poorly. Had two very bad fights luckily not requiring vet treatment and we have had a couple of "incidents since". Both neutered good health and otherwise loving dogs with decent social skills outside the home 90% of the time.

All advice / thoughts / tips will be received with gratitude!!
Back to top Go down
bones
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
bones

Female
Number of posts : 781

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptyWed 12 May 2010, 11:33 pm

lol good poll, lacey is over friendly to the point where some dogs try to tell her off but she cant take no for an answer, lol cagney doesnt really bother with anything that much so alls good here
Back to top Go down
Toni
Team Member
Team Member
Toni

Female
Number of posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 12:35 pm

Buddy is ok with other dogs. Although he is boisotrous, so its rare his left to play with other dogs. He will quite happily walk along with me and my mum with her DA German Shepard, and not batter a eye lid at him.

His been attacked by a Jack Russell, a Spaniel mix and only this week another staff. I stuck my hand in and ripped the staff out of Buddy and Stella... little shit! Owners again tho, some young lad, drugged and wasted! banghead

His fine with cats, but not birds!

Stella, unsure tbh!

Weve met a few dogs and often talk to others and shes not too fussed!

Although I did have to stop her lunging at a Yorkie, so since ive been more on guard!

Both are put back on leads if we see other dogs.

Shes fine with my cats but she tries to chase others.
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
lindauk

Female
Number of posts : 9712

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 12:42 pm

Brock loves every-one and every-thing and will lay on his back when meeting other dogs.
Dell having been bitten a few times by other dogs and is very wary and gives other dogs the evil eye as if to say whats it gonna be.but if they are o.k. with him hes o.k. back.
Back to top Go down
cairo's mum
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
cairo's mum

Female
Number of posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 11:52 am

Cairo likes all animals.She even wags her tail at cats,and tries to play with the squirrel that comes in the garden,but it always runs away lol!
Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member
jakies13

Female
Number of posts : 7512

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 1:00 pm

Ruby loves 2 play but can get a bit grumpy in hot weather :-)
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member
xclairex1

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 1:05 pm

Diesel is great with other dogs, he's generally more interested in his toys, but he will share them.

We had a few issues in the past with Kai, but we got a behaviourist who told us he was nervous. we have been working on it and he is great with dogs now too,
He was always pretty good but much much better now.
Back to top Go down
CodyBoo
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4517

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySun 25 Jul 2010, 6:15 pm

So far Cody seems to get on very well with all dogs.

Daisy will only tolerate submisive dogs. If a dominant dog tries to get up in her face she will get very angry.
She likes to be respected and she really hates puppies that won't leave her alone if she tells them to. Luckily Cody has always known this and always backs off when Daisy says so.
Back to top Go down
oOXxBronsonxXOo
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
oOXxBronsonxXOo

Male
Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 9:26 pm

Bronson loves all other dogs as well as people/
Back to top Go down
janrats
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 10:19 pm

denzel loves other dogs in facrt hes frightend of cats my rats n everything else thge overgrown lump
Back to top Go down
larayne66

Female
Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Does your dolg love other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySat 07 Aug 2010, 11:03 am

janrats wrote:
denzel loves other dogs in facrt hes frightend of cats my rats n everything else thge overgrown lump

Pharoah loves all dogs that don't try to attack him. To date, he has been attacked by 3 different rotties at different times, 1 male doberman, and a couple of alsatian crosses. His usual response is to sit down and look the other way. Trusting me as his alpha to deal with it. Next month he is being neutered so maybe it will stop then. And in October Isis will be spayed. She will be sixteen weeks old tomorrow and came from a litter bred by Sue Chadwick, at South Doncaster. Pharoah comes from a village outside Norwich, we we originate from and where Three of my daughters and some of my grandchildren still live. Isis definitely bosses Pharoah about but when he has had enough he will tell her so. As you may know he is trained to wake me up should I have a diabetic hypo when I am sleeping and has communicated this to Isis - the only thing is that Pharoah licks my ear to wake me up but Isis believes a nip on the ears or nose does the job quicker - and she is right!! One night, though, I fell asleep reading and when I woke up my best glasses were in pieces on the bed. I reckon he did it because the next day I caught him having a go at an old pair of bifocals. So that is something else he has taught her. Yesterday she was carrying my reading glasses around but did not attempt to bite them. I get my new varifocals with reactolite lenses next Friday and am keeping them well away from both dogs and the cat...
Best wishes
Lorraine
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySat 07 Aug 2010, 7:39 pm

Oops. Pharoah sounds very talented and your house sounds like lots of fun
Back to top Go down
keeley+pup
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
keeley+pup

Female
Number of posts : 930

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs EmptySat 07 Aug 2010, 9:51 pm

crash loves all dogs esp. bigger dogs cos he can jump and play abit rougher with them but gets a bit confused wen he comes across dogs smaller then himusally hes the small one when he meets other dogs, like a neigbour of ours has a CHUG. yes u read right a chug called guci tho in my opininon it looks more like a rat then a dog and hes abit nervous at first but after a few seconds we realised that he can play with them with out hurtin them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does your dog like other dogs   Does your dog like other dogs Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1