Staffiezone
Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit? R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit? R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
reicheru
reicheru

Female
Number of posts : 3

Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit? Empty
PostSubject: Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit?   Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit? EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017, 4:27 am

My boy Rocky is approx. 3 years old, and he seems tall for a staff.. I measured him and to the withers he is 18".. he is also 18" length wise as well which gives him the 'box' like appearance of a Pit.
Really concerned as Pits are illegal in the UK.. any help would be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Jakethedog

Male
Number of posts : 3749

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit?   Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit? EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017, 8:46 pm

hard to say just going off what you have said above , looking at you sig pic that's more of a staffy shaped head imo post a couple of pics up so we can take a look
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit?   Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit? EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017, 9:31 pm

I would agree with Martin, your boy looks staffie in your prior pic but if you have any others that may help

Have you had him from a pup?
Back to top Go down
reicheru
reicheru

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit?   Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit? EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017, 10:46 pm

Doesn't seem like I am able to post any links to photobucket etc yet...

I got him when he was a year and a half... he was rescued from an abusive owner.
He has a vet checkup tomorrow so I will find out his actual weight as well..

It was because I was watching a documentary on BSL and it got me worried lol, seeing as he is pretty leggy (compared to what I see when I think Staffy)
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Jakethedog

Male
Number of posts : 3749

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit?   Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit? EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017, 8:13 pm

your probably best to email them over to jo & she will post them up ,

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit?   Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit? EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017, 8:33 pm

Send them to me and I can put them up. Let us know how you get on at the vets

My email address is jtench6@googlemail.com
Back to top Go down
JonRA
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Male
Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit?   Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017, 4:59 pm

reicheru wrote:
Doesn't seem like I am able to post any links to photobucket etc yet...

I got him when he was a year and a half... he was rescued from an abusive owner.
He has a vet checkup tomorrow so I will find out his actual weight as well..

It was because I was watching a documentary on BSL and it got me worried lol, seeing as he is pretty leggy (compared to what I see when I think Staffy)

My Staffie cross, Mollie, is quite leggy. Her Dad is a Staffie and her Mum a Staffie/Labrador cross so I think she gets her height from the Lab genes (she is also a bit slimmer than a typical Staffie).

Here are a couple of pics

Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit? IMG_2902_zpssg3134m6

Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit? Mollie%20in%20cushions_zpshaufdq3k

ATB

Jon
Back to top Go down
reicheru
reicheru

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit?   Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017, 8:08 pm

It might be possible that he is a cross I suppose... Vet wasn't sure.
We got a weight check and he's currently 18kg, and since he is 3 he'll most likely fill out a bit more.

I will get those pics emailed as soon as I can so it's easier to see from them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit?   Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wondering if my SBT could possibly be a Pit?
Page 1 of 1