Staffiezone
Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* Empty
PostSubject: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* EmptyTue 09 Aug 2016, 12:57 pm

We decided to buy Rocco a harness in yellow that states anxious on it - I am so tired of other people allowing their dog to simply wander over without asking or thinking it is ok to walk past with their dogs off lead - when clearly mine are on lead.

I just hope that common sense will kick in when they see the harness - only time will tell.

It should arrive by the weekend, so I shall take pics and let you know what the outcome has been to date.

On Sunday we went to Hornsea and so many people had their dog off lead in a controlled 'keep your dog on lead' zone - they should fine them on the spot - why do this when they have the whole beach to let their dog run freely on?? scratch

Whinge over - I will update asap bounce bounce hoping for a positive outcome

Last edited by suziet on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female
Number of posts : 2369

PostSubject: Re: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* EmptyTue 09 Aug 2016, 6:54 pm

banghead
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* EmptyTue 09 Aug 2016, 8:53 pm

Hope it helps Hun. Let us know how you get on
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016, 10:21 am

ta
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Wendy

Female
Number of posts : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016, 10:22 am

I've seen collars and leads which I have considered for Buddy but not seen an harness...I hate it when people have 2 - 3 dogs off lead and they go in all different directions surrounding you...we have a field close by so get dogs off lead regularly...unfortunately Buddy is quite a nervous dog... it will be interesting to know if anyone takes any notice when you are out with Rocco xx
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016, 10:25 am

I have not seen the harness before either Wendy

It is suppose to arrive today - so he can start wearing it tomorrow - I will still walk him on his lead and he tends to pull like a train when you clip the lead to the harness!! Little Monkey

Rocco is a very nervous dog which sets him off in situations like that.

We are going to try Hornsea again at the weekend with the harness and just see if anyone takes any notice

I will keep you all posted xx
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* EmptyFri 12 Aug 2016, 8:42 am

Hi

The harness has arrived - I must say the quality is really good and it has reflective edging so will be great for darker morning and evening walkies.

The wording - Keep Away - Anxious has also been sewn onto the harness so it wont peel or rub off.

We are using the harness this weekend - so I am really hoping it works and that people see the woridng and stop their dogs from approaching off lead

Hope it works xx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* EmptyFri 12 Aug 2016, 10:16 pm

Have a lovely day at the beach and let us know how it goes
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* EmptySat 13 Aug 2016, 5:17 pm

Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* Dsc_1210
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* EmptySat 13 Aug 2016, 5:18 pm

Had a really positive start to the new harness

No one approached.

Rocco seems to love it too

Off to the beach tomorrow xx
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Jakethedog

Male
Number of posts : 3749

PostSubject: Re: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* EmptySat 13 Aug 2016, 8:53 pm

dickhead owners don't care suzie t , they will be that far behind their off lead dog anyway they wont be able read it anyway banghead
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016, 11:03 am

Very true Martin - it so bloody frustrating though - if people only asked if they could approach.

It's when a dog runs at him - he simply gets over protective - when he was a pup he was attacked so now he simply just gets anxious when a dog/s run at him xx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016, 3:34 pm

They never do though Suzie, as Martin says they are usually miles away when the dogs are running free.

We don't have this issue when we walk with buddy, as soon as people see he is muzzled they walk away
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016, 9:09 am

I know it's a shame isn't it - I am hoping this may work if not - then plan B
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*   Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated* Empty

Back to top Go down

Anxious Harness Ordered *Updated*
Page 1 of 1