Staffiezone
Family vet day.... R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Family vet day.... R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Family vet day....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
tracyp

Female
Number of posts : 872

Family vet day.... Empty
PostSubject: Family vet day....   Family vet day.... EmptyThu 10 Mar 2016, 9:48 am

Both jess and tyson.....chilli, con and I..., madness!

Very funny, con had to keep tyson and jess away as if chilli cried ( they all got yrly shots) tyson would go off. Its his kitten! Chillis great... Tysons healthy as. Jess has a tumour on her toes. Shell loose 2 toes if they remove it. Shes 13. The vet agreed... leave her be, too old for surgery and its weight bearing toes. She may never walk again if they op. I was worried about anesthetic at her age. The vet said, realistically, at her age... do nothing bar anti inflamm, she doesnt have 5yrs and surgery is not going to help her. She'll just live around it and surgery will either shorten or end her being able to ever bear weight again on that foot. But..,, shes 13! The vet said.,, she's a big dog! Not many her size, breed make 11 so..,,, she had her annual shot and chartrophen and histamil so.... day by day but shes doing well.

Just a note to make everyone aware..,,

Cartrophen has been brilliant for her very bad arthritis in one leg in particular, however..., she would pant so hard for hrs after the shot till the next morn. It was extreme, far worse than an overheated dog.  The vet rang the lab that makes it here. They had never heard of a reaction to cartrophen unless the dog had a reaction to c5. Jess never had a prob with c5 but did with cartrophen. It was a first for our vet and the lab.  They now give her hystamil 10 mins before cartrophen and it completely stops her reaction to it yet still gives her the benifit.

Sorry for the book but...

I wanted everyone to know incase your baby has cartrophen and reacts to it. Its a great saviour for arthritis, but if theres a reaction in the first 24 hrs. A antihistamine stops it.
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

Family vet day.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family vet day....   Family vet day.... EmptySat 12 Mar 2016, 10:21 am

Awwwww bless

I hope Jess continues to improve xx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

Family vet day.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family vet day....   Family vet day.... EmptySat 12 Mar 2016, 9:23 pm

Sounds like a fun day! glad everyone got a clean bill of health and hope the tumour does not affect Jess too much

Good to know about the cartrophen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Family vet day.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family vet day....   Family vet day.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Family vet day....
Page 1 of 1