Staffiezone
Boxing Day R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Boxing Day R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Boxing Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

Boxing Day Empty
PostSubject: Boxing Day   Boxing Day EmptySat 26 Dec 2015, 3:23 pm

How are you spending it?

I took boys for a lovely walk today, then we went to Meadowhall, had fish and chips and are now back home ready to watch Beetlejuice tonight xx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

Boxing Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day   Boxing Day EmptySat 26 Dec 2015, 4:50 pm

Weather has been shocking so not much done today, nipped to Tesco for a few bits and that's it for today
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6766

Boxing Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day   Boxing Day EmptySat 26 Dec 2015, 8:37 pm

we have been to Tenby to watch the boxing day swim xx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

Boxing Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day   Boxing Day EmptySat 26 Dec 2015, 10:52 pm

Was it fun Allie? Were you not tempted to join in lol!
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

Boxing Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day   Boxing Day EmptySun 27 Dec 2015, 10:34 am

Ohhhh Boxing Day Swim!!!

Must be mad hahaha xx
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

Boxing Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day   Boxing Day EmptySun 27 Dec 2015, 3:45 pm

nooo I wasnt tempted, but it was a really nice day, my partner is going in next year xxx
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Jakethedog

Male
Number of posts : 3749

Boxing Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day   Boxing Day EmptySun 27 Dec 2015, 4:00 pm

chilled morning & we headed out for something to eat as we always do on boxing day as I walked through the door of TGI,s my mob rang & it was my pal & neighbour saying we might all have a problem as the banks of the Manchester  ship canal have over flowed & was heading our way fast after already engulfing 3 local farms in 3ft of water .... as you can imagine panic wasn't the word so we shot home rapid to see what was going on ,the water was 6ft higher than normal totally flooded the A57 on the other side & fire crews were pulling a car out of the locks  that had been washed in , the surrounding fields were flooded & it was making its way up the road , tbh people didn't know what to do for the best , start moving their stuff or just sit tight ,not a lot you can do about the house once it comes but im dreading it getting my RS in the garage so sat tight just checking out the bedroom window watching the level for the next 3 hrs in the end I decided id have to get the car as high as I could on axle stands , with blocks & stands I got it up in the air about 30" & bell my recovery company pal he said hed come within 15 mins to get it out of the way if needed , thankfully it receeded away from the close over night , id even grabbed the trade plates from work so if I needed it away fast id be covered as its on a laid up policy over the winter months  

I went down there this morning early & wow what a mess & so much washed away its untrue ...................id heard for miles up & down the canal there was the same story ,,,,,, 3 farms flooded , the owners must be so upset I just thank god 500 meters was enough of a gap to keep us all dry ,,,,,,,,, my heart gos out to peoples whos homes are wrecked by the floods

not the best boxing day iv ever had but at least I saved £60 at TGI,s yes
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

Boxing Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day   Boxing Day EmptySun 27 Dec 2015, 4:36 pm

It's sad isn't it Martin. he river take flooded the centre of Stalybridge yesterday and roads were closed bu luckily it mainly industrial in that area. Daisy Nook was also impassable

I'm so glad it receded before getting to you, it's awful watching the news seeing people's lives ruined by Mother Nature
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

Boxing Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day   Boxing Day EmptySun 27 Dec 2015, 4:40 pm

whew its so scary, when the water levels rise, glad that you are all safe and my heart goes out to everyone that has been flooded, I live very very close to a river..... but thankfully although its been extremely high all has been well
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Jakethedog

Male
Number of posts : 3749

Boxing Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day   Boxing Day EmptySun 27 Dec 2015, 5:12 pm

Staffylover wrote:
It's sad isn't it Martin. he river take flooded the centre of Stalybridge yesterday and roads were closed bu luckily it mainly industrial in that area. Daisy Nook was also impassable

I'm so glad it receded before getting to you, it's awful watching the news seeing people's lives ruined by Mother Nature

its awful for these people , just a reminder how lucky we are tbh but I already knew that anyway , just got to hope it stays well back , Salford keys got it before us jo , all around the food places & lymm after us

Allie , iv lived her 18 years & its never once done this no way
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

Boxing Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day   Boxing Day EmptyTue 29 Dec 2015, 9:07 am

It's just awful isn't it, hope everyone stays safe x
Back to top Go down