Staffiezone
My new lady and the rest of the herd R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
My new lady and the rest of the herd R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

My new lady and the rest of the herd

Go down 
+2
Jo n Buffs
kilmousk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kilmousk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
kilmousk

Female
Number of posts : 234

My new lady and the rest of the herd Empty
PostSubject: My new lady and the rest of the herd   My new lady and the rest of the herd EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010, 10:06 pm

This young lady arrived a the weekend before last. Pleasemeet Amber

My new lady and the rest of the herd Amber9

My new lady and the rest of the herd Amber18

She is an ex-breeder and about 8 and will live her life out here in retirement. I have waited months for the right cage mate for my lone male and I think she is just perfect. I will move her and Jaspers cages together this weekend to let them meet and hopefully my wait will have paid off.

This is Jasper my loner - he arrived here early last year a wreck. I wasn't looking for another boy but I couldn't leave him in a tiny bare hamster cage destined for snake food. It took months for him to stop barking and he was scared of everything. He was just meant to stay for a while but I can't let him leave now.

My new lady and the rest of the herd Jasper2

Hopefully Amber will give Jasper the confidence to move into the big cage

My new lady and the rest of the herd IMG_4391

They will live next to Tippy and Snowball my bonded pair

My new lady and the rest of the herd TiptonandSnowball

My new lady and the rest of the herd Tipton
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: My new lady and the rest of the herd   My new lady and the rest of the herd EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010, 10:54 pm

omw they are gorgeous i love chinchillas i spend hours in pets at home begging other half for one but i have no chance ill have to share yours now hun loads more pics please lol xx
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: My new lady and the rest of the herd   My new lady and the rest of the herd EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010, 11:21 pm

Oh wow how lovely and look how clean it all is.
Back to top Go down
kilmousk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
kilmousk

Female

PostSubject: Re: My new lady and the rest of the herd   My new lady and the rest of the herd EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010, 11:28 pm

I really didnt believe they would be "my type" of animal but they are fascinating but I have lost my spare room to their cages. The room is locked at all times as Pippa would kill if she got in and I don't trust Mouse either so they aren't "practical" for me but I loves them. They are horredously messy though.

Tippy is a comic with a cracking sense of humour - he's houdini and escapes every now and then and takes great pleasure giggling at me. If I let him out he comes back no problem but not when he escapes. Snowball is the goody goody and never puts a paw wrong. Jasper is almost normal but still very timid. Amber is ridiculously tame in comparison and so beautiful.

ETA ... Yup ... caught out... I take photos after a major clean out. Its never that clean for long and they are OCD and sulk when I shift things about and then spend the night shifting everything back where it "should" be

Some more pics (only cos you asked lol)

Maddie who was Tippy's original bonded mate - her missing ear was thought to be a birth defect
My new lady and the rest of the herd MaddieHello

Tippy running
My new lady and the rest of the herd Tipton-Run

Peekaboo
My new lady and the rest of the herd Tipton-Peekaboo

Jasper and his fave toy
My new lady and the rest of the herd IMG_2982
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: My new lady and the rest of the herd   My new lady and the rest of the herd EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 12:02 am

awwww they are gorgeous id want to sit and cuddle them all the time lol

are they cuddley type pets ?
jas wont have one because they bite and with little fingers in our house he worries
bar the fact the mess he would moan at to lol
and do you have to have large cages for them as in chipmunk size ?
Back to top Go down
kilmousk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
kilmousk

Female

PostSubject: Re: My new lady and the rest of the herd   My new lady and the rest of the herd EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 12:20 am

My opinions lol!

Not cuddly pets but friendly. If you sit on the floor they will jump on you but won't stay still. They are flighty animals. They squish their noses through the bars to say hello as soon as they go in and chat to you but I wouldn't class them as cuddly.

Jasper has bitten but after his start in life its not surprising. It hurt ... it hurt like ....well hurt a lot! and in truth I am scared of him but never been bitten by another. I wouldnt expect mine to bite through the bars but I'm not a child. Even Jasper takes treats politely.

Their cages are over 3 foot long and 2 foot wide. Tippy and Snowball's cage is over 6 foot high (higher than the door) with 3 tiers and Amber (and hopefully Jasper's) cage is over 5 foot with 2 tiers. Ideally I would have liked both to be the 3 tier versions. I personally don't like the mesh cages but most chinchilla keepers don't like my barred ones. I wouldnt keep them in smaller than what I have as they are active but mine are bigger than most. However Jasper has been in a jenny rat cage since he arrived as he has always refused to move to the other cage but he's healthy and happy ... I'm hoping Amber solves this. They should be allowed out daily but thats not practical for me so I compromise by giving them a larger cage.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: My new lady and the rest of the herd   My new lady and the rest of the herd EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 12:46 am

reading that they not really a good pet to have with small children or with kids who thinks everythings there for them to cuddle ( boo) lol
ill have to wait a little longer then until kids are older and understand more
then we can all badger jas into getting us a chinchilla

you will juts have to keep them pics coming lol
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Angel

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: My new lady and the rest of the herd   My new lady and the rest of the herd EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 7:43 am

wow stunning pics and what fab cages especally the big one its chinchilla mansion

they can make pets for kids jo if bought as babies and bought up right sounds like kils werent looked after to well till she had them they must be in heaven now i used to have a pair many mons ago must be 15 now as i was in a flat then and they chewed thru the water pipes lol (ex conucil flat ) pastic pips going to the rads psml bad bad move with chins

they are fascinating hubby loves them i ,ve refused to have them again though although i had to delete an email quick last week on f/c as there was one on there with a huge converted parrot cage i was good rofl no idea if its gone mind havent seen a taken i darent go ask :)) i love them

kill i breed rabbits and i tend to take pics on the clean out days to :)) it just looks nicer somehow doesnt it chins are very very messy and that sand gets everywhere doesnt it

actually on another lok at the close up pics of the one my chinchilla coloured nethie dwarf doe looks almost like one :))
My new lady and the rest of the herd 005-16
Back to top Go down
babypink
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
babypink

Female
Number of posts : 1830

PostSubject: Re: My new lady and the rest of the herd   My new lady and the rest of the herd EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 8:36 am

That is mighty impressive
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Eddi and Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: My new lady and the rest of the herd   My new lady and the rest of the herd EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 4:27 pm

Aww they are gorgeous.

On another note Dee did angel have more babies? Or have i missed something?
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Angel

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: My new lady and the rest of the herd   My new lady and the rest of the herd EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 5:22 pm

yes she did jackie they 3 weeks old now wasnt meant to happen shes a flithy mare rofl taunted bungle till he got fed up and some how got is door open wasnt impressed i did thinki had got to him in time seems not grr

My new lady and the rest of the herd Picnikcollageangelsbabies
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Eddi and Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: My new lady and the rest of the herd   My new lady and the rest of the herd EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 6:40 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwww two little white ones and a grey/browny one so cute. The one remaining of angels from the last litter did you keep that one or not?

Are you keeping any of these ones? They are really stunning well done Angel you clever yet dirty girl haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new lady and the rest of the herd   My new lady and the rest of the herd Empty

Back to top Go down

My new lady and the rest of the herd
Page 1 of 1