Staffiezone
Help for my friends dog R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Help for my friends dog R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Help for my friends dog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

Help for my friends dog Empty
PostSubject: Help for my friends dog   Help for my friends dog EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 9:19 pm

My friends dog is now two years old but over the last 12 months or so he is getting worse and worse in the car despitge going out in it daily.

He sits on the back seat and makes so much noise yelping and whimpering (I think with excitement) that it becomes unbearable and makes for a horrible journey. The 10 minute drive feels like an hour!

We have tried putting him in the boot but he is just the same

I have no idea what we can do to try and keep him calm, we are very luckly that the others thankfully dont join in

We are thinking of trying him in the boot in a crate but we are not sure if the small crate will fit in the car as it is only a small boot, I did suggest to her that we cover the crate so he cannot see where he is going but we can only do that if the crate will fit.

Does anyone else have this problem or any suggestions on how we can try and sort it?
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member
StaffySel

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Help for my friends dog   Help for my friends dog EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 9:52 pm

How about giving him a kong when he's in the car?
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Help for my friends dog   Help for my friends dog EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 10:07 pm

He shares the car with two others on the back seat and he may be protective of it. Perhaps we could try something like that in the boot?
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member
StaffySel

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Help for my friends dog   Help for my friends dog EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 10:15 pm

Yeah, I was thinking of something to distract him, along those lines.
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
staffymad

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: Re: Help for my friends dog   Help for my friends dog EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 8:30 pm

dunno what to suggest , but i know wileys crate only fits in our car with the seats down and its only a small crate , just big enough for him to lie in so if its a small car you may struggle
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member
xclairex1

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Help for my friends dog   Help for my friends dog EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 9:04 pm

Diesel doesn't settle reat in my car but loves the van, I think its because of the crates and that he can't really see.

What about a crate with a cover over it? x
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Help for my friends dog   Help for my friends dog EmptySat 05 Jul 2014, 11:05 am

Crate with a cover has solved the problem
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member
xclairex1

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Help for my friends dog   Help for my friends dog EmptySat 05 Jul 2014, 1:27 pm

Great news :) x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help for my friends dog   Help for my friends dog Empty

Back to top Go down

Help for my friends dog
Page 1 of 1