Staffiezone
Belle AGAIN! R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Belle AGAIN! R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Belle AGAIN!

Go down 
+3
StaffySel
suziet
Jakethedog
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

Belle AGAIN! Empty
PostSubject: Belle AGAIN!   Belle AGAIN! EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 1:09 pm

I caught Belle this morning trying to chew up one of hubbys trainers so she was reprimanded. As soon as I said bad girl she knew she had done wrong (she obviously knows these words from previous homes as I have never used them before)

Anyway hubby rings me about 9am to tell me she has chewed through the internet cable to the PC upstairs. This cable goes under the carpet, under the banister and then under the carpet on the landing into the bedroom so ripping it out is not an option.

Luckily I have a cable making kit at work I can cut it and put a new piece in.

Ive no idea why she has suddeny started to do this and am at a loss as to what to do with her
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Jakethedog

Male
Number of posts : 3749

Belle AGAIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle AGAIN!   Belle AGAIN! EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 1:15 pm

Your joking jo this isn't good is it , funny how she's started to do this after such a long time , does she sneek off & do these naughty things ?
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

Belle AGAIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle AGAIN!   Belle AGAIN! EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 7:23 pm

Have you thought about crating her honey. Must be quite upsetting to see her do this.
Can Adam help? I can't really advise as my boys don't chew xx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

Belle AGAIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle AGAIN!   Belle AGAIN! EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 8:47 pm

She never does it when I am home, it's always when I have gone out (with the exception of the trainer this morning). The thing is when we are all out she is left in the kitchen, it's when she is being supervised by my son that this happens so I suspect he buggers off upstairs on his x box and leaves her.

I'm upping her walks to three times a day and getting my son to walk her midday from next week.

She never stops so I'm wondering if that is part of it? I really struggle trying to get her to focus when we do some training at home, I'm seeing if I can tire her mind out too
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member
StaffySel

Female
Number of posts : 6585

Belle AGAIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle AGAIN!   Belle AGAIN! EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 9:14 pm

It's almost puppy like behaviour. Do you think it's a phase she's going though and she's pushing her luck?
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member
xclairex1

Female
Number of posts : 6615

Belle AGAIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle AGAIN!   Belle AGAIN! EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 9:55 pm

Oh no, I would crate train her so you know that she (And the house) are safe when your son is in charge x
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

Belle AGAIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle AGAIN!   Belle AGAIN! EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 10:00 pm

StaffySel wrote:
It's almost puppy like behaviour. Do you think it's a phase she's going though and she's pushing her luck?

I did wonder if she is going through a puppy stage, if she was never allowed to be a pup is she doing it now she is settled?

The crate is going to be a tough one as she is petrified of it
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

Belle AGAIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle AGAIN!   Belle AGAIN! EmptySat 10 May 2014, 9:29 am

I expect it is pretty much a phase and she is testing the boundaries now that she is well settled.

Just keep on doing what you are doing and letting her know it is wrong - she will soon calm down.

She is probably under the impression that when the cats away she can play at the moment so everyone in the house needs to watch her and tell her she is wrong.

It will pass  spinner smile 
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
staffymad

Female
Number of posts : 1679

Belle AGAIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle AGAIN!   Belle AGAIN! EmptySat 10 May 2014, 10:24 pm

oh no isnt she naughty , its not that shes a habitual chewer is it ? got used to doin it in her old place through boredem and now does it out of habit ? i know shes only started doin it but doesnt it take a while for a older dog to settle in and show its true trait's ? my mates staff who she rescued from the rspc she was told when she adopted her that she was DA but for the first few months she was fine with dogs and my mate thought the rspca were having her on then she went back to her DA self once she got her feet under the table
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

Belle AGAIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle AGAIN!   Belle AGAIN! EmptySun 11 May 2014, 9:45 am

It could be Mandy, according to the person that had her before me she destroyed her kitchen but by her own admittance she never walked her for four months hence why I thought she chewed there.

My two have a toy box full of goodies so they are not short on toys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Belle AGAIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle AGAIN!   Belle AGAIN! Empty

Back to top Go down

Belle AGAIN!
Page 1 of 1