Staffiezone
dog weight training & weight pulling R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
dog weight training & weight pulling R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

dog weight training & weight pulling

Go down 
+2
suziet
Alliecass
6 posters
AuthorMessage
h4dow
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy
h4dow

Male
Number of posts : 19

dog weight training & weight pulling Empty
PostSubject: dog weight training & weight pulling   dog weight training & weight pulling EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 9:55 am

hi all 
ive just invested in a mag weight training harness and matching mag weight pulling harness to do some work with my local pack and was thinking about getting a meet together for training and pulling fun....if all goes well i would  like to get a local get together to maybe get a pulling comp going ?
here is the mag set ive bought ,
dog weight training & weight pulling 08AE1BD0-07D4-4039-B903-96CF899A91E1-8540-000005842DA960E5_zpsfe18e969
dog weight training & weight pulling 947B0461-30B7-4CBD-A2E2-774CA0155D37-8540-000005843203BB7A_zps563a30a5

we all know how are bully breed likes a workout and as they do in the states im sure we can have just as much fun !

i live in high wycombe and have many public parks and rec areas that are great for this !

so watch this space for more details and get intouch if you have any imput on this idea and if your interested in some training for your bully.
cheers all ,haddow
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6766

PostSubject: Re: dog weight training & weight pulling   dog weight training & weight pulling EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 8:58 pm

I dont know anything about this at all sorry. I shall go and google it now and have a look dog weight training & weight pulling 812122
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: dog weight training & weight pulling   dog weight training & weight pulling EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 9:02 am

I have know of a few people who have done this - but never really heard anymore to be honest - is it a sport or just for fun :) xx
Back to top Go down
h4dow
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy
h4dow

Male
Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: dog weight training & weight pulling   dog weight training & weight pulling EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 10:18 am

its a bit of both , its good fun and great exersise for the dogs
its massive in the states and another excuse for dogs & owners to get together and have a pass time that gets you out of the house
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: dog weight training & weight pulling   dog weight training & weight pulling EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 12:57 pm

I have heard both good and bad on this but I have seen some of the dogs that do it in the states and they look in fantastic conditioni.

Never seen anything like this local to me though.  I did fancy trying my boy at lure racing but again there is nothing local for this
Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
getcarter

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: dog weight training & weight pulling   dog weight training & weight pulling EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 9:10 pm

I still want to go here but can't find the time
http://www.aces2007.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: dog weight training & weight pulling   dog weight training & weight pulling EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 9:33 pm

Looks good Tracey, nothing like that near me
Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
getcarter

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: dog weight training & weight pulling   dog weight training & weight pulling EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 9:39 pm

No where near me either!
Back to top Go down
Tony c

Male
Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: dog weight training & weight pulling   dog weight training & weight pulling EmptyWed 28 Sep 2016, 9:48 pm

I've also purchased a weighted harness, for my girl ,she'll have her three mile run/walk in the morning as usual , then in the evening I'll put the harness on and we'll do 1 1/2 walk . She doesn't seem to notice as she'd pull if I didn't walk her to heal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dog weight training & weight pulling   dog weight training & weight pulling Empty

Back to top Go down

dog weight training & weight pulling
Page 1 of 1