Staffiezone
Long time no see, update and hello! R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Long time no see, update and hello! R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Long time no see, update and hello!

Go down 
+4
Alliecass
suziet
Staffylover
xXxEricaxXx
8 posters
AuthorMessage
xXxEricaxXx
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
xXxEricaxXx

Female
Number of posts : 672

Long time no see, update and hello! Empty
PostSubject: Long time no see, update and hello!   Long time no see, update and hello! EmptySun 24 Mar 2013, 9:41 am

Hi everyone!

LONG time no see. It's been forever. How are you all? I've missed coming here and talking about our pooches. Hope everyone and their doggie companions are doing great!

I have quite a bit of news regarding my two girls. As some of you know, this past two years have been awful for me and my dogs as I had to consider rehoming them. Things got worse when in Novemember, I got a full time job that mean't I was out of the flat for sometimes fifteen hours a day. I'd be out of the house by 7:00am and sometimes not back until 1:00am and by the weekend I was exhausted. All of the responsibility of the dogs was landed on my boyfriend who worked less hours than me but was still out a good six hours. He'd try his best, but he had a business to run, which mean't he couldn't offer a lot of his time to the dogs either because he still had a lot of work to do once he got home. They were fed, watered and used the balcony for the toliet. They were lucky if they got out twice in one week. It was a literal nightmare for them and for us seeing them like that.

Things started looking up when, after months of searching, we found a wonderful lady, Mo, to offer them a forever home. Her children were all grown up, she lived alone and only worked one day a week, she'd had staffies before and loved all dogs and wanted to offer a home to BOTH of them so as not to split them up. The cherry on the cake was that she had a daughter that lived in London, who she visited three times a year which mean't we could still have the dogs on the weekends she was down visiting. She was perfect!

Last week, Monday, we drove down to Bristol after work and dropped them off, saying goodbye. We left in tears, both Sacha and I. The flat was silent and we were heartbroken. All we could think about was the dogs. We felt like we'd lost our children. and we felt an overwheling feeling that we had failed them, which we had. Sacha, who had complained the most when we had them, missed them to the point that he couldn't enter the living room anymore because it was so quiet without them. Suddenly, the things that seemed so difficult before felt insignificant now. Still, we knew it was for the best, we were not in the position to offer two dogs a life they deserved and if someone else could, we shouldn't be selfish.

Five days passed, and of course we were recieving daily updates on the dogs. She had told us that she had noticed they were being a bit snappy with one another, and Rosie was not giving Bessie the chance to get any attention from her. Then on Friday evening she told us that they had, had a fight in the park and thought it best to split them up.

Sacha and I did not need to think about antyhing. We had experienced life without the pitter patter of our dogs feet on our floors and it was awful. We knew right then and there in that moment that we would do ANYTHING to change our situation and be able to offer at least one of them the best home we could. We knew two dogs was impossible but one dog we could manage. We knew instantly which dog would be best for each of us, Bessie being the most timid and needing the most one on one time would be better off with Mo, as she could offer her constant attention. Rosie would come back with us. So, Saturday morning we drove back to Bristol and picked Rosie up.

Both dogs looked so well. They were overjoyed to see us, even after the awful life we'd given them the past four months but I could also see that Mo was treating them well as they were very comfortable with her. Bessie knew something was up and she cried a little when we left....that was heartbreaking to say the least. We agreed to keep a close eye on both dogs as we were worried about how much they'd pine. I'm happy to say, that so far, both dogs have adjusted well in such a short space of time but it has only been one day so, of course, we're keeping a close eye on both.

I can't tell you how happy we are to have Rosie back and to know that Bessie is being well cared for. Sacha is going to take Rosie to work with him, she will sit in his van with her toys while he is working and then he will take her to the park on his lunch and after work so she will never be alone. Unfortunatly, I can't do anything about my working hours but with some careful organisation (motivated by knowing how empty my life felt without her) things can improve. I'm also continuing to look for a job closer to home.

We have already changed Rosie's routine a lot, including the food she eats. We are switching her to fresh meat, other protiens and some vegetables and starch. No more dry kibble or tinned food. Mo had been feeding her on fresh foods and she seems much healthier even after only five days. We have given the crate to Mo, as Bessie always preferred being in there and we've gotten a bed for Rosie so she can sleep in our bedroom.

*and exhale* Sorry for the long post! Well, Rosie, Sacha and I are going out for her SECOND walk of the day (it's only 9:30am!! Like I said, things that used to feel like a chore are now a pleasure!)
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see, update and hello!   Long time no see, update and hello! EmptySun 24 Mar 2013, 11:53 am

Hello Erica, I am so pleased to hear from you. I was worried about how you were coping as I knew things were difficult for you who you were last on line.
I am so pleased you have things sorted now, sounds like a good solution for all.
Please don't think your dogs had a miserable life, they may not have got as much excercise as they needed but they were in a warm comfortable home with love, there are many dogs that don't even have that.

Hope you will stick around and pop on now and then in between your very long hours and good luck with your job search for something nearer home xx
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see, update and hello!   Long time no see, update and hello! EmptySun 24 Mar 2013, 12:20 pm

Hi Erica - really pleased that things have been sorted out and hope to see much more of you online too x
Back to top Go down
xXxEricaxXx
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
xXxEricaxXx

Female

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see, update and hello!   Long time no see, update and hello! EmptySun 24 Mar 2013, 12:56 pm

Thank you! X
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6766

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see, update and hello!   Long time no see, update and hello! EmptySun 24 Mar 2013, 1:41 pm

Hi Erica, im so glad that you have managed to sort things out, its good to have you back on the forum, pop back on and see us whe you can and keep us posted any pic,s would be great too.

spinner smile
Back to top Go down
xXxEricaxXx
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
xXxEricaxXx

Female

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see, update and hello!   Long time no see, update and hello! EmptySun 24 Mar 2013, 1:48 pm

I have quite a few pics to upload actually! X
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6766

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see, update and hello!   Long time no see, update and hello! EmptySun 24 Mar 2013, 2:16 pm

xXxEricaxXx wrote:
I have quite a few pics to upload actually! X

Brilliant, cant wait to see them x

cheerleader cheerleader cheerleader
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Jakethedog

Male
Number of posts : 3749

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see, update and hello!   Long time no see, update and hello! EmptySun 24 Mar 2013, 6:49 pm

good to read you have a good out come to your situation Erica ., don't be beating yourself up about what you have had to do as reading your post its better all round imo ,

iv never owned two dogs at once but when we had jake my gaffer brian rehomed an aussie shepherd from over the rd from us & we agreed to take misha at weekends & hols as her & jake were best friends , she was an amazing dog but it was VERY hard work over the 6 years we helped out , with 1 dog its a whole lot easier as Alfie can come most places with me if needed

good luck & keep the updates coming
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member
StaffySel

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see, update and hello!   Long time no see, update and hello! EmptySun 24 Mar 2013, 7:25 pm

Lovely to see you back Erica and read your news. Look forward to pics!
Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
getcarter

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see, update and hello!   Long time no see, update and hello! EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013, 10:49 am

Glad you've sorted everything out with the dogs, don't beat yourself up, at the end of the day, as Jo said, they were warm and loved, which while was not ideal was a lot better than some!

looking forward to pics!
Back to top Go down
xXxEricaxXx
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
xXxEricaxXx

Female

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see, update and hello!   Long time no see, update and hello! EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013, 2:18 pm

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
stepys1

Female
Number of posts : 2369

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see, update and hello!   Long time no see, update and hello! EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013, 5:55 pm

Kept thinking about how you all were, glad all is well. spinner smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see, update and hello!   Long time no see, update and hello! Empty

Back to top Go down

Long time no see, update and hello!
Page 1 of 1