Staffiezone
whats wrong with Buddy? R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
whats wrong with Buddy? R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

whats wrong with Buddy?

Go down 
+5
Alliecass
lindauk
Staffylover
jakies13
Toni
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Toni
Team Member
Team Member
Toni

Female
Number of posts : 5585

whats wrong with Buddy? Empty
PostSubject: whats wrong with Buddy?   whats wrong with Buddy? EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 10:33 am

About 3wks ago we had a gas leak in the kitchen, we had to have the floor dug up cos it was from the pipe that the cooker goes on, but into the floor.

For the last 18months the dogs have slept in the kitchen at night, they used to have the living room too but since getting the new sofa's I dont want the cats clawing them.

Since around the gas leak time, Buddy is a nightmare at bedtime.

I will turn the TV off, and open the back door for wee's. But when it comes to getting Buddy back in he will go to the back gate and shake, like he is scared to come in. Ive tried getting him to come with treats, even cooked ham but he wont even open his mouth to try it. I have to carry him back into the house.

Once he is inside, I switch the lights off, and go upstairs, then he lays with his head out the cat flap crying, or scratching the door, until he is told off anyway.

Last night was a joke, he went behind the shed at bedtime, it was about 12.30am, and it had been raining so slugs and snails were everywhere. Plus spiders so he knew full well I wouldnt go behind the shed to get him.

I had to go back into the room and turn the TV back on so he thought it wasnt bedtime, then he came back out and in the house.

Thing is, he will happily lay in the kitchen in the daytime, he often takes himself off to bed in there.

Stel is fine, she just looks at him like his lost the plot.

So Im wondering if its the gas leak that scared him? How do I get him to feel safe/happy again? The leak is definitly sorted now, and he is fine, eating well and drinking in the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member
jakies13

Female
Number of posts : 7512

PostSubject: Re: whats wrong with Buddy?   whats wrong with Buddy? EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 11:00 am

Poor buddy, It could possibly be that or he's heard a loud noise or commotion whole you've been in bed that's frightened him maybe?
Something's seems to have affected him in some way x
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: whats wrong with Buddy?   whats wrong with Buddy? EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 2:10 pm

Mmm thats a tricky one as he is OK during the day. Is there anything running in your kitchen overnight that seems louder when everyone is in bed?

Have you tried leaving a radio on so there is some noise to see if that helps?
Back to top Go down
Toni
Team Member
Team Member
Toni

Female

PostSubject: Re: whats wrong with Buddy?   whats wrong with Buddy? EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 2:16 pm

There is nothing on at all thru the night but I may have to try leaving the radio on. I did that when he was a puppy, maybe that will help.

Im a very light sleeper, if i can sleep at all just recently Alex, I havent heard any thing that could of scared him. We had one night out at the beginning of August but we was back by 2am, thats the only time he could of heard something that I didnt.

Its baffling me. I will try the radio trick for a couple of nights and see if he improves.
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
lindauk

Female
Number of posts : 9712

PostSubject: Re: whats wrong with Buddy?   whats wrong with Buddy? EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 4:33 pm

Weird..... wonder what it is
hope you fathom it out
and let us know what it was x
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6766

PostSubject: Re: whats wrong with Buddy?   whats wrong with Buddy? EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 5:22 pm

something must has scared him bless him, hope you manage to get it sorted and the radio works, good luck. xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: whats wrong with Buddy?   whats wrong with Buddy? EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 6:52 pm

Would some pheramone (can't spell the damn word) help too? Must be something that has scared him at night, poor Buddy, big group hug and I hope you get him back to normal soon. Can't be nice going out with all them slugs and spiders about at that time of night.
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member
StaffySel

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: whats wrong with Buddy?   whats wrong with Buddy? EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 7:53 pm

I would probably try changing the routine slightly because it sounds like its the routine that's effecting him.
How about letting him out earlier then go back to watching tv for a bit and then go up to bed?
Back to top Go down
Toni
Team Member
Team Member
Toni

Female

PostSubject: Re: whats wrong with Buddy?   whats wrong with Buddy? EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 8:47 pm

I am open to all suggestions. Im guna try the radio for a few nights, maybe give it til the other side of weekend. Then I will alter the routine slightly. Maybe take him round the field cross the road at night instead of in the garden.

Jan, u mean like the DAP? Im guna have to get one soon anyway for fireworks so will have a look about see if anywhere has them on offer, before people rush to buy them.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: whats wrong with Buddy?   whats wrong with Buddy? EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 8:52 pm

Toni, have you tried serene um? Works well for Reuben and his noise phobias, he is doing great at the moment.
Its £15 for 100 tablets and he has 4 a day
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: whats wrong with Buddy?   whats wrong with Buddy? EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 9:55 pm

Toni wrote:
I am open to all suggestions. Im guna try the radio for a few nights, maybe give it til the other side of weekend. Then I will alter the routine slightly. Maybe take him round the field cross the road at night instead of in the garden.

Jan, u mean like the DAP? Im guna have to get one soon anyway for fireworks so will have a look about see if anywhere has them on offer, before people rush to buy them.

Yes DAP I think, I've never used it but it can't hurt to try it. Good idea to buy one now for when the fireworks start.
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: whats wrong with Buddy?   whats wrong with Buddy? EmptyFri 31 Aug 2012, 1:55 pm

Sound like something has scared him out there in the dark.

Workmen never left anything behind did they? Coats, tools or anything?

Perhaps he thinks he made the mess in the kitchen. Might it be an idea to play a few games out there at night once everything has been switched off as though you are going to bed and get Stella to join in and bring his confidence levels back up.
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: whats wrong with Buddy?   whats wrong with Buddy? EmptySat 01 Sep 2012, 5:58 pm

Awwwwwwwww poor Buddy and how bizarre - I still have trouble getting Diesel into the garden after he got stung and ran inside :(

Some very good suggestions already x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats wrong with Buddy?   whats wrong with Buddy? Empty

Back to top Go down

whats wrong with Buddy?
Page 1 of 1