Staffiezone
Bad name wrongly as usual. R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Bad name wrongly as usual. R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Bad name wrongly as usual.

Go down 
+5
Staffylover
Mattie
Jo n Buffs
Mandy
Eddi and Daisy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Eddi and Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 4187

Bad name wrongly as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 7:53 pm

Hi guys, i've been sitting and fuming over this all evening, paul and i took eddi and daisy out just before dark tonight, we went down our normal route into the fields and there were other dogs in the distance which is fine both mine are ok with dogs (daisy big dogs). Anyway paul threw eddis ball for him off he went like a bullet out of a gun haha to fetch his ball another dog from the other way ran towards him at the same time, which is also fine eddi wont confront anything.

Well this dog took eddis ball big meanie and off he ran eddi came straight back to us as he always does, so paul and i walked towards the other people and their dogs, daisy being the nutcase she is went to say hello to everyone with big slobbery kisses eddi stayed with us the owner of the dog with eddis ball was calling his dog to no avail the dog would not listen kept running past us but would not come to his owner.

By this time daisy is becoming a pain in the bum so we have both dogs on the lead, i dont want to risk eddi getting funny with the other dog cause he is very protective of his ball paul has hold of eddi i have daisy. 7 minutes later and i timed it the other dog dropped the ball so we could get it he still didnt come back to his owner, well both of my dogs still on the lead we give eddi his ball and we walk away in the other direction the dog that stole eddis ball came running in trying to take the ball off eddi, well eddi showed him his teeth and warned him off ball still in mouth.

The owner still trying to catch his mutt!! The dog came in twice more and eddi really had enough and i dont blame him went for this dog and the dog went for eddi remembering my dogs are on the lead and this dog keeps running in trying to get to eddi, by this point i am fuming this guy is swearing at me to control my dog and he is vicious and should not be allowed other dogs I could have hit him.

Well we walked off and went to another field so annoyed and the most annoying thing is he will go off and tell everyone he knows that staffies are vicious and nasty dogs. Not that fact that he could not control his dog and it was his dog coming into eddi whom was on the lead.

banghead banghead
Back to top Go down
Mandy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Mandy

Female
Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 8:07 pm

Poor Eddie, being bullied like that :( glad you alll ok, and hopefully anyone the idiot owner tells will know that he is an isiot and wont listen.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 9:10 pm

its allways going happen no matter what we do and how well behaved our dogs are , someone who is a stupid dog owner who has no idea how to train their dog or cant be bothered , Eddie was only giving a friendley warning that it was his ball and he was taking it with him .
your calmer than me jackie as id have given a ear bashing to the owner .let him go tell who he wants you know the truth hun and who was at fault .
((((((((eddie))))))))
(((((((((jackie)))))))))
Back to top Go down
Mattie
Supporter
Supporter
Mattie

Female
Number of posts : 430

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 9:35 pm

I would report this other dog for being out of control, Eddie being on the lead was under control. Tell the dog warden that you were frightened of being bitted by this dog. The owner will then be told keep her dog under control.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 9:47 pm

Good call Mattie
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Eddi and Daisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 10:04 pm

Thanks guys, if i see them out and about again I will certainly tell him to keep his bloody dog under control, infact its not the poor dogs fault its the stupid owner.

If we hadn't put eddi on the lead it could have been bad cause eddi did go for him after about the 3rd fly past from the other dog, and i really don't blame him all he wanted was the dog to leave his ball alone.
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 12:00 am

You should report it so it is recorded for the future.

Hope everyone ok xxx
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Angel

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 8:51 am

awwww so not fair
i agree report it for definate and like jo i ,d have been going mental at the other owner too even if it was just excuse me whos dogs on the lead and whos dogs is not and causing all the agro hmmmmmm let me think now well thats the nice version i dont tolerate idots like them one bit

you were very calm and polite considering s said if you least report it you,ve got in first should that idot go spouting rubbish
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Eddi and Daisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 1:05 pm

Lol its not like me to be as calm as i was haha, I don't know who they are to report them so can't really do that.
Back to top Go down
Mattie
Supporter
Supporter
Mattie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 2:58 pm

You can still tell the dog warden, they will then be aware that an out of control dog is going there
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Angel

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 3:40 pm

you certainly can do that yes they will then have a look when they are in the area at least the if someone else has the same problem and also reports it they will have a few reports to go on you never know if that dog was that much of a pain someone may already have had the problem too an reported them also you have the dog to go on too as thats what the warden would look for first the breed of dog then they can approach the owner if they see a dog matching the description
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Eddi and Daisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 4:29 pm

Ok then i will we have just got back from walking the doggies again and he was out and about with his dog again in the same field we went to another one, don't want to risk upsetting eddi, he is such a laid back dog and never gets into situations even today you could see he was still rattled by it the entire walk he didnt once let go of his ball even for us to throw it and he loves that normally.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 4:48 pm

poor eddie , report him jackie next time it might not be such a laid back dog he meets and we know what will happen cause it wont be his dogs fault will it and looks like he going be a regular walker on thart field
Back to top Go down
babypink
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
babypink

Female
Number of posts : 1830

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 5:19 pm

Hi

I do sympathise with you I really do. I have twice had a similar incident. I was at flyball training and the team encourages new starters no problem there. Anyway we had done our bit (we had only been training 4 weeks) and Georgie is a friendly thing and loves to say hello to anyone and everyone. This guy had a Patterdale Terrier and we were stood to o ne side and Georgie was on the lead and we were mindin gour own business, this Patterdale was not doing particularly well, as we were stood this patterdale came over to what I thought was to say hello had a quick sniff and Georgie as usual lays on her back and is submissive, then this dog just went for her. She was running round my legs (still on the lead) and this dog would simply not give in and was not on the lead. Georgie obviously could not get away and I tried to grab her harness to lift her up and she was spinning around and trapped my finger in the harness. All this time the stupid owner of his dog did nothing and I was between a rock and a hard place as I did not want Georgie to constantly be submissive but then I didnt want her to be agressive as we would be labelled "devil dog blah blah" so on this went and then to my horror she lost it and up came the hackles and she showed her teeth and then the trainer jumped in and lifted Georgie into her arms. I had got a nip on the shin from this dog and georgie had a small cut on her lip but the thing that really peed me off was this owner just stood there. Not an apology or anything, they then went off never to be seen again.

second time is a guy with a Terrier Cross type thing and it plague georgie for ages just nipping at her, and growling and basically being annoying, the owner was talking to me via the dog saying "say hello to Georgie" now "be a good boy and play nicely" I in the meantime was stadning in different parts of the arena and this bloke kept standing nearby and of course the dog strted again, by this time I was really getting fed up with him and his flippin dog and Georgie got fed up with it, she was on the lead and launched herself at the dog. I was so calm about the whole thing but raging inside I mean why this guy could not get the message I do not know it amazes me how dense some people are. I have not seen him last 2 weeks thankfully as we have been at competitions but honestly I get so fed up with people looking at my Staffie being the agressor, when most of the time its these other dogs whereby the owner just does not have a clue
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 5:52 pm

do you know a patterdale can do more damage than a staffy ?
my mum in law has one we cant have her here or take buffy there as molly will not have her she brecomes a different dog yet any other dog she is fine with, when we read up on them i was gobsmacked
Back to top Go down
babypink
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
babypink

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 5:53 pm

I was gobsmacked at how viscious it was, I thought they were ok but there you go, how wrong can aperson be!
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 6:04 pm

our molly lovely dog to meet but another dog omg she changes , i dont do little dogs anyway i think they all same lol but pats are the nastiest out of them all
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 4:30 pm

well we braved the weather and took buffs up the field not a dog in sight thought ace let her off have a well deserved play for five , now its not often people allow buffy to mix so she is wary of other dogs , an old man came out of the wood with his dog so buffy came quickley to me i put her on the lead just incase the old mans dog came over well it weasnt his dog i needed worry about it was a 6ft plonker with a big stupid bouncing zebedee it came from no where bouncing and jumping buffy was on the floor shaking it was huge the man ran over apologising so i flew i said yep sorrys fine but i supose if mine snaps you wont be sorry will you , he called and called the dog but it was still bouncing he went one way the dog bounced the other i was fuming and worried as i could see buffys face he got the dog eventually we walked on turned round and the stupid idiot had let it go again onto another dog
Back to top Go down
babypink
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
babypink

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 4:40 pm

It just makes me cross that if my Staffie was off the lead (and she is a lot) then people would not be happy and they are not trust me on this one. I have had people walk in opposite directions, move away and even lift their dogs out of the way. But let any other dog off the lead like a Patterdale or even a Westie and thats ok as they dont get the bad publicity.

We encounter a westie every week and its a viscious little shit and goes for Georgie nipping and growling at her and all she wants to do it play. even at training it tries to take a nip at her when she comes back to call and she passes it totally pees me off.

I tell you I am sure one day she will turn round and give it a telling off and then it will be my dog thats bad cos its a Staffie

Grrrr
Back to top Go down
Mattie
Supporter
Supporter
Mattie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 4:54 pm

Joe has panic attacks which often leads to seizures later because of dogs attacking him, I no longer tollerate these type of owners, if a dog runs up to mine I let the owner have it. I don't use and bad or abusive language but make it very clear what I think of the control they have over their dogs.

What often hits home is when I tell them they will be responsible for any vet bills, mine as well, my dogs are on the lead and under control, their's isn't and by law I am entitled to all the vet bills being paid.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 5:14 pm

to be honest mattie thats what scares me more buffys eyes roll and she shakes , pippa has fits and she used start the fit this way it is pure fear with buffy , i didnt loose it though and i didnt swear i was good , but its owners like this who need to wake up .
it will never be their dogs fault if it goes to a dog and gets attacked luckily buffy is good if she see's a dog she will run to me i dont know if its to protect me or because she knows i will protect her, the dog that came over only wanted to play but the owner should have it under control if it wont come back then i advised an extendable lead one day he isnt gonna be so lucky and will meet a dog that isnt as daft as buffy
Back to top Go down
jaxbedford

Female
Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: I have had the same happen to me on a few occasions. Now one of mine gets defensive as soon as he sees another dog... somehow it is always the stafford in the wrong, although all mine were on leashes!   Bad name wrongly as usual. EmptyTue 05 Jan 2010, 11:20 pm

Eddi and Daisy wrote:
Hi guys, i've been sitting and fuming over this all evening, paul and i took eddi and daisy out just before dark tonight, we went down our normal route into the fields and there were other dogs in the distance which is fine both mine are ok with dogs (daisy big dogs). Anyway paul threw eddis ball for him off he went like a bullet out of a gun haha to fetch his ball another dog from the other way ran towards him at the same time, which is also fine eddi wont confront anything.

Well this dog took eddis ball big meanie and off he ran eddi came straight back to us as he always does, so paul and i walked towards the other people and their dogs, daisy being the nutcase she is went to say hello to everyone with big slobbery kisses eddi stayed with us the owner of the dog with eddis ball was calling his dog to no avail the dog would not listen kept running past us but would not come to his owner.

By this time daisy is becoming a pain in the bum so we have both dogs on the lead, i dont want to risk eddi getting funny with the other dog cause he is very protective of his ball paul has hold of eddi i have daisy. 7 minutes later and i timed it the other dog dropped the ball so we could get it he still didnt come back to his owner, well both of my dogs still on the lead we give eddi his ball and we walk away in the other direction the dog that stole eddis ball came running in trying to take the ball off eddi, well eddi showed him his teeth and warned him off ball still in mouth.

The owner still trying to catch his mutt!! The dog came in twice more and eddi really had enough and i dont blame him went for this dog and the dog went for eddi remembering my dogs are on the lead and this dog keeps running in trying to get to eddi, by this point i am fuming this guy is swearing at me to control my dog and he is vicious and should not be allowed other dogs I could have hit him.

Well we walked off and went to another field so annoyed and the most annoying thing is he will go off and tell everyone he knows that staffies are vicious and nasty dogs. Not that fact that he could not control his dog and it was his dog coming into eddi whom was on the lead.

banghead banghead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad name wrongly as usual.   Bad name wrongly as usual. Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad name wrongly as usual.
Page 1 of 1