Staffiezone
Social maturity R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Social maturity R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Social maturity

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

Social maturity Empty
PostSubject: Social maturity   Social maturity EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 7:13 pm

I've been reading quite a bit over the last few days about "social maturity" as opposed to "Sexual Maturity" in dogs.

It's something I've always known about and always had a query / concern in the back of my mind with us having issues with the girls when they were younger - I've always been aware of how many people seem to have issues at the age of 24 - 36 months - Neutered or not.

There's loads of different points of view and some harp on about dominance issues and neutering but what I'm really interested in is the maturity of the character of the dog rather than the physical maturity or hormonal changes.

With our girls now both 24 months plus I'm seeing really significant positive changes in their behaviour with each other as they mature.

Be interested to hear anyone elses thoughts opinions on this...do you think there is too much importance on hormones and we don't look at the character or personality issues enough?

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

Social maturity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social maturity   Social maturity EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 8:56 pm

Very interesting points rasied Liz - I also often ponder over many things like this too xx

I do think as humans we tend to think of our dogs as human rather than an animal - I also think instinct - preditor (as in their natural wild instinct) and hormones etc do play a large part in dogs lives - and its very interesting to sit back and watch and learn form the animal in front of us. I also believe that human interaction of how we raise and treat our pets also plays a part in their behaviour as a pack or family member x
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

Social maturity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social maturity   Social maturity EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 9:00 pm

good post appreciate your thoughts Suzie ...Human interaction I agree very important - we force them to live how and where we want them to live and then expect them to live as we do.
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
lindauk

Female
Number of posts : 9712

Social maturity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social maturity   Social maturity EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 9:02 pm

hormones produce strong emotions /moods and can lead by the nose
but yes i believe in social maturity ive seen and recognise it
to me its a settling down and becoming comfortable with them selves
confident if you like
i think people do it as well but at various times in there lives usually when there 20 + ish
mind you some human males never attain it 100%..... make that very few do
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

Social maturity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social maturity   Social maturity EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 9:08 pm

lol the human male maturity level..there's a discussion that we could have ...forever and a day umm
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

Social maturity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social maturity   Social maturity EmptySat 26 Nov 2011, 11:46 am

Social maturity 129524 wasnt sure maturity happened to men Social maturity 129524

On a more seriousnote - cracking question hun x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Social maturity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social maturity   Social maturity Empty

Back to top Go down

Social maturity
Page 1 of 1