Staffiezone
Red Legend our American Staffordshire R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Red Legend our American Staffordshire R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Red Legend our American Staffordshire

Go down 
+10
suziet
janandruby44
Izzy
K999
Alliecass
xXxshelly_stanliexXx
Toni
Sandi
Staffylover
redbully1
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
redbully1

Male
Number of posts : 11

Red Legend our American Staffordshire Empty
PostSubject: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 11:39 am

This is Red Legend our American Staffordshire, he is 2 years old. His father is Helens Skymaster by Revelo (Drako) and his mother is Kora Hersanz.
www.helenstaffs.com
He has an awesome temperament and loves people.

Red Legend our American Staffordshire IMG_0399

Red Legend our American Staffordshire IMG_0387

Red Legend our American Staffordshire IMG_0381

Red Legend our American Staffordshire IMG_0251-1

Red Legend our American Staffordshire IMG_0505

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 11:52 am

Wow, what a gorgeous boy, he is stunning Loads of Love
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 11:57 am

Oh my he is absolutely stunning wow Red Legend our American Staffordshire 818417
Back to top Go down
Toni
Team Member
Team Member
Toni

Female
Number of posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 1:36 pm

He is lovely. Dont like his ears, perfer their natural ears, but understand reasons for doing it (showing???).

Stunning boy, looks very happy. Loads of Love
Back to top Go down
xXxshelly_stanliexXx
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
xXxshelly_stanliexXx

Female
Number of posts : 968

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 2:23 pm

Hes a cracker, thanks for sharing lovely pics x
Back to top Go down
redbully1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 2:46 pm

It was a big decision as wether we would crop his ears, It's the only thing they can't get right with the breed.
It's very hard to find an Amstaff with good natural ears and they won't get anywhere in the show ring without a crop, you have to understand it's very natural for dogs to have cropped ears here in Spain.
It does give the dog a completely different look, one that I actually prefer.
His temperament is awesome, his love of people is second to none, playfull, funny, energetic, I have changed peoples views on this breed which I am very proud of, I have had staff bulls before and they are brilliant dogs, these are not just a bigger staff, similar but different if that makes sense?
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6766

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 2:59 pm

He is gorgeous, I love the pic,s

Loads of Love
Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
K999

Male
Number of posts : 1087

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 6:29 pm

cracking looking dog!
but I'm with Toni on the ears, to give an advantage in fighting or for human's aesthetic pleasure doesn't justify it for me.

Great work winning people over though, the reputation these dogs have is so far removed from what these dogs can actually offer, it is so frustrating!
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
Izzy

Female
Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 8:33 pm

Lovely Boy can i ask what height he is ?dont know if the standard is the same as for ours he looks bigger in the pics spinner smile
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 9:23 pm

He's absolutely lovely but we don't do the ears things over here and for me it actually spoils his look, here's Elsdon with his intact
Red Legend our American Staffordshire DSC00804
BUT I'm not in Spain.............and they do look quite alike, so everyone to their own.
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 6:30 am

Red Legend our American Staffordshire 320120wow he is adorable and I want to cuddle him xx
Back to top Go down
redbully1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 1:35 pm

@ Izzy, Red is 20" at the shoulders and weighs in @ 35 kg, different dog to the staff bull, I have all of his history going back 50 years, his father has been one of the best show dogs in the last 10 years.

@ Jananruby44, I can understand peoples view on the whole ear cropping thing, but you will struggle to find an Amstaff with good natural ears and if you do they are generally not rose ***** and totally out of proportion to the rest of the body. Cropping in certain areas is being banned, but the vets will still do it.
Dobys, Boxers all still have cropped ears, even my neighbours Scnauzer.
When you see dogs with cropped ears here all the time it just becomes normal.
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 2:58 pm

I cant stop looking at your handsome pooch Loads of Love My OH loves him xxx
Back to top Go down
redbully1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 3:57 pm

LOL Suziet, he is an awesome dog that's for sure, and he loves a cuddle.
Check out his father on the website www.helenstaff.com
His father is helens skymaster by rovelo ( drako ) he has other family members at the torrestaff website as well, you'll know which one's they are because they are all that lovely Red colour.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
Izzy

Female
Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 4:26 pm

Ty he looks like a big baby who loves cuddles Does he go in your pool I take Clooney swimming when i can he loves it spinner smile
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 5:46 pm

Dad is gorgeous, took me a while to find him but I think I found him in the 2006 photos
Back to top Go down
redbully1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 6:00 pm

That will be him, bowling ball head.....lol
and no he doesn't use the pool, but he goes in the sea and the river, work that one out.
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 7:59 pm

Your Red Legend is a Gorgeous boy spinner smile
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 8:02 pm

redbully1 wrote:
That will be him, bowling ball head.....lol
and no he doesn't use the pool, but he goes in the sea and the river, work that one out.

How strange, but he is still gorgeous lol!
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 12:33 pm

If it's "the norm" over there then I do understand that, do you mind if I ask how they crop the ears? I'm just curious not criticising spinner smile
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
lindauk

Female
Number of posts : 9712

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 4:14 pm

hes a beaut love
where abouts in spain are you ?
he wont go in the pool because of the chemicals used to keep it clean ?
( im guessing )
i also prefer none cropped ears
Back to top Go down
redbully1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 4:49 pm

Hi Janand ruby, he went under anesthetic, the ears get pinned and marked out, then they are trimmed, he was in and out in a hour, the bandage came off the next day and finally the vet came to the house 2 weeks later to take the stitches out.
Lindauk, not sure why he won't swim in the pool, he has been in before but he's not keen on it, when we come out he tries to lick all of the drops off us,he and the cat drink from the pool all the time....lol.
I am glad you all like him, but I knew the ear crop would throw a few questions around, I'll post a couple of more pics up soon, we are in the north costa Blanca and before you all ask, yes it's still very hot ( up in the 30s) so early morning and late evening is when we go out for our walks.
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 4:52 pm

Ohhhhhh 30 degrees I am on my way now Red Legend our American Staffordshire 129524

woot more pics please
Back to top Go down
redbully1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 5:20 pm

Here's another couple of photos of him.

Red Legend our American Staffordshire IMG_0659

Red Legend our American Staffordshire IMG_0598

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member
Staffylover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 6:04 pm

Its blowing a gale here and very cold, I know where I would rather be!

Red is stunning - great pics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Legend our American Staffordshire   Red Legend our American Staffordshire Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Legend our American Staffordshire
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next