Staffiezone
Bailey went for another dog R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Bailey went for another dog R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Bailey went for another dog

Go down 
+4
lindauk
Alliecass
Toni
wids
8 posters
AuthorMessage
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

Bailey went for another dog Empty
PostSubject: Bailey went for another dog   Bailey went for another dog EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011, 1:00 pm

Bit manic at the weekend everywhere we stopped there were dogs off lead running about everywhere.

Some were clearly well trained and some were not - but what I never understand is why people think every dog likes other dogs?

Maizie was OK - got a bit reactive to one dog Amy was gorgeous and very placid, but Bailey was clearly offended by continually being approached by out of control dogs both whilst walking and whilst he was on "his" boat.

One young Labrador bounced right in his face a couple of times whilst we had him on the lead- he reacted and the dog ran off then the owner who was standing about 2 foot away from Bailey started waving a ball chucker about and called the lab back to play - so it charged straight back at us right into Baileys space again leaping up and down to get the ball.

Bailey just suddenly lunged forward grabbed at the dog a couple of times on the side of it's neck and when he got a grip he pulled it onto the floor. I pulled Bailey back and he made no effort to go at the dog again but was clearly really cross and stood growling at the lab and then barked at it as it went off.

I apologised because Bailey had gone for the dog even though I felt it was their fault for not controlling the dog or respecting both ours and our dogs space. They said not a problem their dog was so stupid it wouldn't have noticed being bitten??? I wanted to but didn't say " actually I think it's you not your dog that is stupid ".

I wasn't happy with Baileys behaviour but at the same time if I'm honest I kind of understand why he did it. Don't know if we could have done anything differently it happened so quickly I didn't really have time to think about it.

Bailey can be very vocal but this sort of action is very rare with him. Can't blame the weather because it wasn't hot until the next day.
Back to top Go down
Toni
Team Member
Team Member
Toni

Female
Number of posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Bailey went for another dog   Bailey went for another dog EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011, 1:10 pm

Like you say, and I tend to agree, I can understand him doing it. Young boisotrous dog in your face. Not a nice situation but your not in the wrong. I agree with your comment too, stupid owner not a stupid dog.

I think Buddy would do the same, his ok with calm dogs who dont bark/yap in his face but doesnt like bouncy, gobby ones til his got to know them.

Hope your ok now after it, and Bailey is too. group hug
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6766

PostSubject: Re: Bailey went for another dog   Bailey went for another dog EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011, 1:17 pm

I too hate the way other people just allow their dogs to run at and invade the space of Cassie, she too hates dogs right in her face. when this happened in the past she would be very submissive, but lately she has changed her response to this and now her hackels rise instead.

I dont think it was Baileys fault, I dont understand why they would throw the ball for their dog towards Bailey or any other dog.

I hope you are all okay xx
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: Bailey went for another dog   Bailey went for another dog EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011, 1:42 pm

ta Bailey forgot about it 2 minutes later but it made me a little bit careful with him over the weekend. I think I felt bad too because it was a very young dog.

I think we all feel responsible if our dogs do something like this but reading your replies I do feel more convinced that the biggest problem was the other dogs owners not any of the dogs.

Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
lindauk

Female
Number of posts : 9712

PostSubject: Re: Bailey went for another dog   Bailey went for another dog EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011, 1:59 pm

i wish i was like my sister and told people exactly what i think
instead of being polite and saying sorry when it was obviously the young dogs social skills aren't what they should be
ive come across people who think because they love there dogs they cant do any wrong
its the same as them with kids who think its cute to have a rude cheeky brat
bailey has every right to say get out of my face
hope him and you are alright x
Back to top Go down
xXxEricaxXx
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member
xXxEricaxXx

Female
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: Bailey went for another dog   Bailey went for another dog EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011, 3:08 pm

I agree Linda!! I also wish I could tell people what I think more instead of just being crazy polite.

I also get really annoyed with people letting their boistrious dogs off lead. I think Baily was just telling him to get out of my face lol I mean if I had someone bouncing up and down in my face I'd either run away, shout at them or punch them lol I agree that it was there fault, not yours, baileys or even the labs.

Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member
xclairex1

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Bailey went for another dog   Bailey went for another dog EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011, 4:35 pm

Poor Bailey sounds like he was just trying to get the daft dog out of his face,

I hate those people that assume because their dog is ok that it's fine for it to bound upto any dog.
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support
suziet

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Bailey went for another dog   Bailey went for another dog EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011, 9:10 pm

Rocco is oneto watch too - he just cant tolerate dogs - especially Males running up to him and getting in hisface - to be honest it does make me nervous a little now -

I wouldn't get too upset as Bailey was just reacting as most would in my opinion - I just cant understand WHY owners allow their dogs to do this xxx
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support
janandruby44

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Bailey went for another dog   Bailey went for another dog EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011, 9:40 pm

Bailey just did what any dog would do and that is tell the young dog that is not allowed, he did what the other dog's owners didn't and that is discipline the dog. No one was hurt and as they said, the dog wouldn't know if it had been bitten and wasn't hurt otherwise it would have yelped.

Good on you Bailey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bailey went for another dog   Bailey went for another dog Empty

Back to top Go down

Bailey went for another dog
Page 1 of 1