Staffiezone
Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? R9j409
Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

Staffiezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontLog inLatest imagesChat BoxRegister

Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Allison

Female
Number of posts : 2312

Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? Empty
PostSubject: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 2:34 pm

Just wondered why this was that the forum doesnt allow right clicks and why I cant pm admin or members ???? not sure if its a post issue thing and have to have a certain amount of posts but would be grateful if you could clarify ladies :)

Many thanks

Allison
Back to top Go down
BuffysSis
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member
BuffysSis

Female
Number of posts : 431

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 4:14 pm

so that no one can just come onto the forum and take any information without permission basically. due to copyright. It is easy for anyone to right click and copy and also right click paste.
Back to top Go down
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Allison

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 4:18 pm

I understand what you are saying but it makes it rather difficult for anyone to put any information on the forum which could potentially be extremely helpful to another member also it doesnt explain why i cant send pm to admin or members :(
Back to top Go down
BuffysSis
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member
BuffysSis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 4:34 pm

have you clicked message at the top of the page, thats how i have to do it , and you can search members and admins from there?
Back to top Go down
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Allison

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 4:36 pm

Yep it says the adminstrator does not allow you to send pm's ???? or words to that affect
Back to top Go down
BuffysSis
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member
BuffysSis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 4:43 pm

erm im not sure then ask one of the admins they are sure to know lol sorry i cnat help much more
Back to top Go down
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Allison

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 4:45 pm

I cant message them chick thats why I put it in here hope they see it and can help :)

Thanks for you help chick :)
Back to top Go down
Mandy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Mandy

Female
Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 4:48 pm

Alison, all i can say is we had some problem members a while back tryin to use pm's to get people to leave this forum, so as precaution new members automatically do not pm rights. I am unable to authorise it as i am only a mod, you will have to take it up with Jo or Sandi. I dont think they will mind giving you pm rights as you seem to be a great member!
Back to top Go down
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Allison

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 4:57 pm

Mandy that is totally understandable - I had a feeling it may have been that or you had to have a certain amount of posts first - Im certainly not here to poach anyones members Im on several forums all be it not very active and admin on another I know only to well how things can get on a forum hence not being as active as i used to be the clicks and the slagging off of each other was unbearable and down right uncalled for - we all want to do the best for the breed we love surely not be at each others throats which doesnt give off a very good image considering the media hype staffies and other bull breeds get already.

This forum is like a breath of fresh air, friendly and great to be a member of.
Thanks Mandy x
Back to top Go down
Mandy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Mandy

Female
Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 4:59 pm

Your welcome Allison, I'm sure that the Admin's will notice the post when they log in next time and will let you know!
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 5:02 pm

sorry allison i meant to answer u earlier but have to keep disapearing kids who'd have them lol
ive sent you an email hope this explains hun
Back to top Go down
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Allison

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 5:20 pm

Thanks hunni but havent received your email :(
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 5:41 pm

you should have it now hun lol
right click is removed to stop peeps taking pics ect without asking permission of the owners crtl and v will paste over on to posts though
Back to top Go down
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member
Allison

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 5:56 pm

Thanks chick I have it and have emailed you back sorry I have waffled on hahaha

Thanks your a star x
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 6:05 pm

no probs hun :D
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member
Sandi

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 6:11 pm

Hello,

Copyright law is a minefield at the best of times. Some people flounce the law and others just don't care, unfortunately (sometimes) I am too much of a goody two shoes and like to be upfront and honest about what I do and invariably that gets me more grief than if I just broke the laws.

Anything that has been written on this website or forum which has not been contributed by Jo, myself or another member has come from perhaps somewhere else, but permission is always asked for; if the answer is 'no' you may not use eg., The Kennel Club asked us not to use something, then it does not go on. Even the pictures in the Chrismas card section have permission to be used in order to sell the goods I did not take those pitures myself. If a post is from someone or somewhere else you wlll see at the bottom it is by 'courtesy of' or some other acknowledgement.

People go to a lot of trouble to provide information and sometimes do extensive research for it so it is only right that the information is not pinched, altered, tampered or used without permissions.

As has been previously said we have been spammed by other forums and boards who have been specifically out to make trouble, it is stupid and childish and we should all be able to live in harmony, however, as iin all walks of life, there will aways be a few who don't feel that way.

Currently we have admin and mods from other boards on our forum and we all get on well together and they have been very helpful, informative and fun and that is the way we want to keep it. Jo and I made a pact that there would be no one hurt on this board by the words and deeds of others; we are trying to support and raise funds for rescues and want to put all our energy into that.

PM's are removed from everyone that joins the forum and are regulated by admin in discussion with the mods on an ad hoc basis. These were stopped because individuals were spamming our members and causing trouble once more.

If anyone has anything further they would like to ask please feel free to put your suggestions or queries on the main board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???   Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why cant we right click ? and I cant send pm's ???
Page 1 of 1